Convert a cooling thermostat to a cooling

Hello all,
I'm trying to rig up a thermostat in my greenhouse. The dude at Lowe's told me get an attic fan thermostat but when I got home to install it, I soon found out that it is a cooling thermo instead of a heating thermo. Can I convert it? If so, how?
I had the thermostat wired so it would power an outlet when it reached the set temperature and I have my 2 ceramic heaters plugged into the plug.
Can I hook up one of those little round thermostats and accomplish this or does the thermostat have to be plugged into an inverter or converter (or something like that)?
Any suggestions? Or is there something out there that is fool-proof that I can rig up or buy?
I know just enough about this kind of stuff to get me in trouble.
thanx ahead for your responses.
MattLock

Fool proof?? its too late.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes:

It's a very difficult question to answer without knowing exactly what thermostat you've got.
But, any reason you might not try to take this one back rather than hacking to try to make it work? Since your purchase was based on bad advice from said dude, even if the package is all mangled and such, you should be able to get them to return it for you.
The good news is that it looks like $22 solves your problem if keeping the greenhouse above 35F is the goal: http://www.littlegreenhouse.com/accessory/controls.shtml
I found that page but there are others with this google search: http://www.google.com/search?q=thermostat+120+volt
Best Regards, -- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /

Just hook the cooling thermostat up in reverse to get a heating thermostat.
I call Bullshit. This one is a "trollin, trollin, trollin" But it is funny to watch those EE (Todd) guys answer it. Bubba