Condenser Motor Or Capacitor?

What are you babbling about? It is up and running now. Let's look at the timeline. It failed in the middle of the night before Labor Day. Labor Day the suppliers were closed. Next day by 10 AM it was fixed and working again. If your insight about using an oscope is correct, it came a day too late, but in fact, an ohmmeter is capable of finding typical shorts in motor windings. I suspect you just toss in a new motor while my background is one of finding exact cause.

I tend to always find cause before swapping in a new part, the difference in perspective may be partially due to my not having a work truck loaded with spare parts, I'll grant that, but additionally my pause was that I'd never choose a capacitor I expected to fail in 2 years time. That was the basis for my hesitation in considering the motor in the first place instead of just replacing the capacitor.

Who in this forum suggested only replacing the capacitor first? Nobody. I made the right call, get over it.

___________

Who in this forum really gives a crap about your little HVAC problems???

Reply to
KJPRO

Thanks for your most helpful and valuable replay. Oh wait, it had no purpose at all... oh well.

________

Just like all of your dribble.

Reply to
KJPRO

____________

I left any info that was worthwhile of quoting on the above line.

Reply to
KJPRO

YOu did when you chose or defended a price that is excessive. There's nothing profitable about making people DIY instead of calling because the price is too high. I am PROOF of that.

_________

Charging what it cost to run a profittable business isn't someone needing money. Needing money is someone with no funds, asshole.

Reply to
KJPRO

But, I wrote in excess of $200, rounded off it was a $250 repair... for a $13 part that takes 5 minutes. Fair is fair, if it took 2 hours then ok, but having no experience in repairs it took me less time.

It doesn't. Granted, hospital bills are crazy too, but I'd never pay $600 an hour like some HVAC techs claim is resonable.

__________

You better hope you never have to go to the hospital then... Won't pay $600/hr there...... LMAO

Reply to
KJPRO

Which part, that I can read a hospital bill like anyone else or that I don't think $600 an hour is reasonable to drive a truck about 5 miles, , unscrew and rescrew 4 screws, and pop off/on 4 wires on a capacitor?

Face it, if I thought it was reasonable I'd have called an HVAC company again instead of DIY. What you feel is reasonable what I do, there's no delusion about that.

_________

You said you were leaving... just another lie.

Reply to
KJPRO

This is not appropriate for this topic.

Certainly if you did a lot of work you are entitled to good pay for it. I have never meant to suggest a man shouldn't have fair wages. I only mentioned one scenerio, where _I_ felt cheated for less than 30 minutes total inlcuding drive time for a part that cost me $13.

yoU're most certainly entitled to whatever the market will bear, I only told about why I personally will not pay over $200 to replace a $13 capacitor that I can replace myself. Certainly there are others who have no clue about fixing the problem, so they necessarily have to pay more for someone to trace the problem.

_________

Yet you still came here asking simple questions... go figure!

Reply to
KJPRO

Quote: evap was 107 txv included

Must have stopped at the local pawn shop.

Reply to
KJPRO

Kenny, he *still* doesn't have a clue...

It costs me $191 to put my truck on the road to go *to* a service call(using last months figures), and thats before I ever turn a screwdriver, yet I can only charge $75 for the service call fee..... Screw it, he is dumber than a democrap politician, and not worth it.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Ah, but ultimately I DID diagnose and repair it myself, ignoring the supposed pros here who suggested a fan replacement too. Would you have been able to tell the cap was bad or would you have had to wait too if you didn't have a spare on your truck? I think you might've had to wait till after the holiday then, just as I did.

Remember that I posted this topic on Labor Day, when suppliers were closed so there was nothing I could do to get parts until the next day, unless I'd wanted to pay even more to find the odd company that will do it at a moment's notice on Labor Day. The next day by 10 AM I'd already fixed it, vacuuming out the debris in the condenser cavity took longer than putting a capacitor in.

I don't accept fixed rate pricing. If someone charges a flat rate for any service call that's fine but there's no way a generic flat rate service call is worth $200 to me which is essentially what the charge would've had to be since rounding off the bill I'd paid for a cap replacement was closer to $250 than $200. I dug out the bill and it was $237.

The overall economic system is bad, but the truth is that having truck expenses including insurance, gas, driving time, is less expensive than the overhead from a mechanic's garage or doctor's office where the staff themselves are paid enough to also have a vehicle, home, insurance, gas, food, and everything else... all for less cost. Flat rate doesn't work in cases where a repair takes 5 minutes. Disagree if you like but HERE I AM, someone who chose not to pay that premium so some fellow HVAC tech lost out on making any money at all as a result.

I've never suggested the whole world should feel this way but the world IS changing. The internet is making any average Joe Homeowner capable of accessing information to DIY. Maybe this usenet thread is a wake up call about that. Sad but true, many professionals who depend on what they know more than the actual labor value will find it harder to charge flat rate premiums for the simplier tasks. For example, Mexicans mow our neighbor's yard and replaced our roof after a hail storm that insurance covered. They work disturbingly cheap and since neither of these tasks require more knowledge than could be learned in a few weeks, it makes the value of actual labor terribly low these days.

----------- Enough of this crap...

*PLONK*
Reply to
Noon-Air

I'm sure he is going to cry for a week. When he realizes that one computer in one house in one town, in one state, in one nation...... won't be displaying his messages.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message news:g9mpjq$i1s$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Go Fuck Yourself!!! You are as dumb as those rocks you keep getting in the mail. Use one before you get the idea of reproducing.

Reply to
Joseph

Personally I hate repairing or installing air conditioning systems for others AND paying for it too.

Reply to
Zyp

he bought it from Jose and Manual. The last place they mowed lawn is now missing a few thing such as an Eap coil.

Reply to
Don Ocean

I guess you won't be doing any work for this idiot then... I'm sure that bothers you... LOL

Reply to
KJPRO

:-)

Reply to
KJPRO

Just when this baboon says something that makes sense... he goes and screws his chances for redemption. I guess he just likes the phrase, Chris the Stormin Moron.

Reply to
KJPRO

Yes, on my day off on Labor Day, when there were no suppliers open so I could buy a part. Because of these factors I threw out the question since a usenet search did not directly answer it.

Reply to
emailaddress

$ snipped-for-privacy@STARBAND.NET...

You are just plain lying if you claim it costs you $191 to put a truck on the road for every call it goes to. Hint - I too drove a truck to work every day, this is not a bullshit session this is real life where other people own trucks and pay expenses.

Reply to
emailaddress

.

How sad that you want to drive away someone who writes about facts. Yes, when you begin to bore me I will leave. You and others already had but then things got interesting again so I stuck around. Now it's boring again so I'll again write that I'll not bother posting anymore unless someone can come up with some valid (excuses?) reasoning instead of just trying to claim a 5 mile drive and under ten minutes is worth a little over $200.

Reply to
emailaddress