Condensation on the ducts

I recently had my heat pump/air handler unit replaced. Its a 2 ton carrier. Today I noticed a lot of condensation on the ducts coming out of the air handler. What causes this and how can I fix it?

Reply to
rsanan

Do you have a reason to think it did not do that before? Or are you just now noticing what could have been happening every summer?

Increasing the insulation will reduce the condensation. Go to a higher rating.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Cause: Cold air on the inside of the duct and warm air on the outside of the duct making contact.

Fix: Replace the thermostat

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I'm surprised no one suggested the obvious. Let out some of that compressed gas in the copper tube. That way it won't run so cold.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

......and we are NOT suprised that someone as stupid as you would think up a repair as retarded as that fix. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba