Compressor delay

2 1/2 ton res condensor unit compressor lags fan start by two minutes or so (usually - sometimes starts simultaneously as it should).
What to check? Pressures are normal...
Brand and Model# would be a great help. So units have a starting kit...some hard start, some thermister and some none

Check the crummy "add - on" TDR [if there is one.] Most of them [solid state] fail or time out indefinitely.
--
Zyp

"pk" < snipped-for-privacy@hoptechno.com> wrote in message

Check anti-short cycle relay or for the equivalent circuitry on the control card.

Curious, what exactly are your pressure readings ?

Pretty sure you need a new thermostat and low voltage wiring. Sounds like a short has gotten yours out of sync. Bubba
pk wrote:

"... as it should?" Who says? It's probably protecting itself from short cycling.

Did you read this before you posted it?
digital stat , built in time delay , maybe delay on break ?????

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 06:26:58 -0500, The Freon Cowboy wrote:

So why is the fan energized, but not the compressor?
see that now, wouldnt be a tdr on the ssat

PFM

Check if compressor is attempting to start as fan start but then it doesn't listen for hum on compressor or click if it has ext.overload like switch this will tell you that compressor is trying to start but it doesn't if either one of this accrue add hard start kit that may eliminate your problem also if you compressor delaying start when is hot only then definitely add HS kit
pk wrote:

I agree with another poster that a model number.. at the very least... would be nice!
Q: I've never seen a resi condenser that didn't start the fan/compressor with a single contactor across the line. I suppose there are VS compressors now on high-end units that would be different (of course)... but I've never seen one.
We do control the condenser fan separately in some commercial packages we put together.. with good results, although it's expensive and requires a lot of controls and VS inside and out. Of course, special attention is needed in the reefer circuit for this to be successful.
Jake