Competent Directory

Can someone please send me the directory that lists "Competent Techs"? I keep getting this advice to call these people but can't seem to find the listings. The regular listings in the Yellow Pages don't distinguish between "medicore", "rip-off", "idiot", "Guy-whose-buddy-wrote-the-exam-for-him", and "Competent". The ones that I've called (and spent good money on) have usually fallen into the former three categories, and frankly, I'd can screw it up for free all by myself.
Thanks in Advance, Dan

By identifying your delivery as techs - it is presumed that you are talking about "service technicians" You should be able to expect service technicians to maintain and repair existing equipment to a performance level equal to when the unit was commissioned less some degradation allowance due to aging or operator misuse. You should not expect a service technician to be able to design or advise pertaining to thermal comfort unless that technician has been accredited by an accreditation body for the specific services provided and have professional risk insurance cover open to customers to make valid claims to offset any losses incurred by the customer for failures to the design or acting upon inappropriate advice. So if you want to engage a service technician to design or advise on a thermal comfort system unless the produce a satisfactory certificate of currency for Professional Indemnity - You the customer are the one being incompetent.
I think the main problem is your using the the phone book when you take your to be maintained you dont look at a phone book ad you look at their facility or go to a dealer that has ASE techs I hope you do assuming you do why use a phone book contact the manufacture of your equipment large companies are not the best they are high volume the have a large pool of new techs that have little experiance only two or three good techs if their lucky when you call ask for a nate certified or rses certified technician when they arive ask to see there wallet card alot of homeowners think an EPA certified tech means they know how to work on equipment but all a EPA cert is for is to hanndle refrigerant nothing with the service ability stop being mad at the industry and put the blame on your self you order HVAC service like you order pizza you get a bad pizza your out $10 you get a bad tech your out alot more then the cost of the service call your utility bill goes up and your equipment life goes down. stop being lazzy and do some work to find a good company to service your system Call some commercial companies the techs are more experianced and ask for NATE RSES OR ARI CERT also use some comman sence if the guy they send is under 28-30 years old you know they do not have experiance look at it like going to the DR when a DR gets out of med school you would not let him work on you it takes 10 yrs before he has hands on experiance real HVAC/R techs are as smart as DRs are theY know thermodynamics electricity plumbing it takes along time to develope these skills I know many technicians that make well over $100,000 year but every company has only one or two of them and he runs around fixing all the screw-ups that is why he makes $35-$45 hr and gets 80 hrs in a week bigger is not better when you select a company
On Oct 21, 7:04 am, "New Directions In Building Services
message Can someone please send me the directory that lists "Competent Techs"?

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:04:30 +1000, "New Directions In Building

Firstly?? Oh well, at least your CAPS key isnt stuck like some other retard in here. Bubba

bubba your so smART

...and obviously "your" (you're) a retard. Bubba
On 21 Oct 2006 06:30:29 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Sir: you are in wrong forum to get any kind decent answer

Ahhhh, no Dildo..... Competent techs asking other competent techs questions, will get a decent response. Your problem is that you know very little, but you like the spotlight, so you try to answer questions that are beyond your level of knowledge, thereby exposing your lack of expertise. It's REAL simple, Dildo. Don't try to answer a question if you don't know the answer. Instead, sit back, read, and learn. Otherwise, be prepared to get your ass flamed once again.
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

AMEN. There are a few posters who just don't get it: They need to keep their traps shut and LEARN, instead of spouting advice to which they do not have knowledge.
Dildo has been corrected many times and REFUSES TO LEARN, and that is his major problem (besides that no one can understand what he posts).
Even more astounding: The worst offenders profess to have worked several years in the business, but yet they don't seem to have a clue regarding even the basics.
Dream on boys it is really shame that such knowledge is wasted here. Please be advised that you will not stop me from posting so you do what you need to do and I will do the same, However in my opinion there are bunch of you that don't fit to wipe my bottom end! HAVE NICE DAY "MORONS" Dido say that
wrote

The knowledge is only wasted on guys like you.

And what exactly is it that you "need to do"?? If it's try to appear knowledgable about HVAC, you blew that a long time ago!

You're so full of shit, I seriously doubt a front end loader would suffice for you!

"Hello, Pot?....This is Kettle...."
--
Respectfully, Bob