Coleman 7900b Presidential Electronic pilot retrofit , also any service bulletins

I was looking to convert my parents pilot system. Do they make any kits for this furnace? Also are there any Service Bulletins for this furnace ,and how could I find them? I work in the industry and could do the work myself. With that said I work on commercial and industrial. I don't have any resources to find the correct info. Thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!
Try you local York/Luxaire/Coleman supplier.... *if* there is a retro kit available, they should be able to find the correct part number(s) Assuming that the furnace is standing pilot now, at the least...you will be looking at a minimum of a gas valve, control module/board, ignitor, flame sensor, and wiring harness. You might have a problem with the modification if it wasn't available for that particular furnace when it was manufactured.... not only for parts availability, but also for the UL listing, and insurance purposes. This isn't for a trailer, is it??
You might be better off just doing a furnace change-out.

Noon-Air wrote:

Yes it's for a trailer. They really want a heat pump . I was going to retro fit it . till I get the time to replace the system

Set them up with dual fuel....gas furnace and the heat pump.... best of both worlds and real easy to do.

As long as YOU are paying for it.......knock yourself out. Its a big waste of money though considering the age of the furnace and the money/parts involved. Get them a new furnace and have a pro install it. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

I thought I might be able to buy a retrofit kit. Yes I'm paying for it. They're scared of lighting the pilot . They had one bad exp. I pay 150 my cost for a kit for larger units. I was trying to buy some time ,till I could get the new one installed. As far as a pro I think I can handle it. I 'm so busy right now . I mainly do control work now and it never slows down.

Suggest best to swap the thing out ( or get a pro to do this for you if your time is at a premium ) for a newer, ( more efficient ) gas furnace--and at that same time then also add a coil box for your eventual heat pump install.

kits
furnace
your
at
install.
Disclaimer :
The existing ductwork may well not even be large enough to handle the cfm airflow that's required for heat pump operation anyways--and so this all serves as pretty darned good incentive to get a pro out there so as to at least get some ballpark quotes / info as far as how to best proceed since your wanting to eventually add a heat pump.

Still a waste in my opinion but "whatever floats your boat". Look in a Johnstone catalog www.johnstonemfg.com or www.grainger.com You should be able to find something. Bubba
Bubba wrote:

I can use a Robertshaw kit and a 3 wire valve . I can make anything work . I just want it to be safe . I'll do a change out asap. Thanks

honeywell, robershaw and white rogers all offer cycle-pilot, intermittant pilot conversion kits for standing pilot systems.
i've seen them installed in just about every kind of hvac equipment imaginable. most kits contain everything you need, and someone who works in the field shouldnt hav e too many problems installing such a kit. Johnstones Honeywell kit is L38-263 or L86-058. Johnstones Robershaw kit is L36-962 or L38-185
Another thought is to add a Robertshaw automatic pilot relight kit, L38-127. Take 24v thru a momentary (push button type) switch to the relight module. I got some of these installed on duct furnaces, where re-lighting the pilot is a major pain in the ass.
You could call your HVAC warehouse, and ask em.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.