Coil Cleaners

Just something to discuss...
What brand and type of coil cleaner do you prefer? Are you using one cleaner for condensers and evaporators? Or do you use two cleaners?
I like to use NuCalgon Foam Brite for condenser coils and a self rinsing cleaner for the evaps.

i like using Nubrite in a 50/50 mix on both evaps & condensers.
If the coil starts steaming, you know you've left it on too long.

two
Oh that's ok, I'm just giving it a steam cleaning! :-)

Carbonex for the nasty ones.
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

two
Hummmm.... never really heard of it. Do you like it better than the Rectorseal, Virginia or NuCalgon products?

For greasy nasty coils. Nothing beats it. http://www.refrigtech.com/carbonex.html
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

use
rinsing
products?
Yep, I looked them up after you posted it... same people make Big Blu.
That's some good shit too!

I use a Vapco product called HP Cleaner for evap coils and just a garden hose for condensers.
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

60 grit and muriatic acid followed by high pressure sandblaster!

two
Do you have a recommended PSI level?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

250 at least

Actually, Im sick of coil cleaners. Usually have put the green stuff on the indoor coils but Im tired of it turning into a "Mr. Bubble" bath. I shorted 2 motors on 2 Goodman 5 ton horizontal air handlers. They called about an hour after I left. I replaced them both on my dime. The pink acid is just nasty. Bad on rubber roofs and takes a ton of water to flush all the suds away. Its great if you want to get the black paint off coils. :-) Usually I find a garden hose does a very good job. Bubba

two
Replacing motors, that sucks!
The Virginia "green" self rinsing "Acti-Klean" cleaner works pretty well for evaps. I've never had the "Mr Bubble" effect using it.
I use a garden hose first, then use the NuCalgon "Foam Brite" to help clean what's left off of condenser coils.

I'm kinda leery of that stuff--no condensate formation on heat pump evaps during the heating season.

clean

So clean them in the Summer! :-)

Or rinse them off

evaps
Good ider..

Con coil with a pressure sprayer, The coil is just like brand new when we leave
HOWEVER, if you do a coil that's sitting on a galvanized steel platform like a Trane rooftop you MUST follow up with a soap or you will have coil leaks down the road where the coil touches the steel. The acid residue creates a battery effect and burns a whole in the coils.

Speaking of Trane rooftops- you had better fix the Sandusky Bob evans rooftop before Mon. or you just might be hooking up with Bob himself-if you get my drift :-))