Coil cleaner reccomendations

Going to Johnstone on monday, and get some coil cleaner. This stuff looks good. Dilutes 1-4 for condensors, 1-8 for evaporators.
Enviro-Coil Coil Cleaner B81-474
The alki foam stuff I'm using dilutes 1-1. So the more expensive stuff dilutes down farther, and is cheaper in the long run.
What do you guys use? I've got a job next week, cleaning some BIG outdoor condensing unit fins. I started the job with alki foam, but the part of a jug I had didn't go very far, and I'm needing another jug of cleaner.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

brand name is but it works well & you'd better wash it off good because it's strong. I've tried others but none worked very good. As far as expense, if that's a factor I don't think you're charging enough.

HP cleaner on page 12 http://www.vapcoproducts.com/catalogPDF/2006prodcatalog.pdf
mix it 4parts water to 1 part cleaner. It won't hurt the coils, and unless the coils are really bad, it only takes one application. Its made for evap coils, but I occasionally use it on condenser coils with good results.
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C

"Stop calling me for freebies Satan,
This is the stuff I'm talking about:
http://www.atlanticchemical.com/product.php?pid=1 #
Even though its a non-acid alkaline its very corrosive & they recommend washing it off completely. It's usually used more for condenser coils because of that, but as long as you wash it off it does a good on evaporators.
Sounds right. I tried some of that enviro stuff, the green stuff from Johnstone. I wasn't all that impressed. Maybe I diluted it too much, but it didn't foam. I saw some suds down near the ground, when I rinsed it off. Can't tell if it made a lot of difference.
At least with the purple stuff, it foams up nicely.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You mean it didn't drop the compressor draw by 1 amp.... oh no!

Geez... I just bought a half a skid of R-22... Why not purchase a couple cases of cleaner and quit your complaining?

but....but....that would take a whole months allowance
It doesn't make much sense to stock that far in advance.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of their reps use to post here a few years back. Can't seem to remember his name or Email though. Paul might.

I think that was a nu-calgon rep

Use "carbonex" with the applicator cleaned out a 6" deep chilled water coil, it just got in there, foamed up and brought all the crap out of the coil. Yeah it did need thorough rinsing, but it did the job well. Can recomend the carbonex and E+ products. Paul
On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:26:33 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Wow, Kinda scary. Stormy playing with alki-foam. I hope you arent on a rubber roof? Are you removing grease from these condensers?
The stuff I use works pretty darn well and doesnt take the paint off the condenser fins or condenser. Its called water and it comes from most garden hoses. Very rarely do I need anything much stronger on outdoor units unless Im working on a restaurant roof. (Not saying chemical coil cleaners arent needed.........just saying I personally dont use them much). Bubba