chiller question

I am not an hvac worker and I'm pretty ignorant of all things hvac, but I do know a little about chemistry. Hence my question ... When our chiller is being worked on here in this large (12 floors) building where I work I get an odor of ether or some other organic solvent pumped into my office. It's very irritating to my eyes and gives me a headache. After a while I can taste it on the back of my tongue. I asked the people doing the maintenance what the chemical was that I was breathing and they told me it was lithium bromide and that it was not toxic. Now I know enough chemistry to know that lithium bromide is an inert salt, and that was not what I was breathing. I found they had a MSDS on something called ADVAGuard 750A, but from the sheet I don't think that was the chemical either. The guy said there was also some sort of alcohol in the mix, and that's getting closer, but as I said it smelled like either an ether or a low molecular weight alcohol like methanol. Can anyone tell me what that chemical might be? The company working on the thing is "York" but I don't know the brand or anything about the chiller. It's new, only about 4 years old. Any information you can provide about this would be much appreciated.

Reply to
jbhopper78

Bob: you are making me laugh you can change my words

in any fashion as you wish but is one thing you can't change

your self being dumb ASS and stupid that you deserve

Century Award for being biggest IDIOTIC world known

Have nice day looser Dido

Reply to
AKS