Chicago Area - Need Referral for Reputable HVAC Contractor / Installer

Page 1 of 2
After getting a few estimates for replacing the HAVA system in my house, i decided to buy direct online and get a HVAC contractor to do the install.
I would apprecaite if you know anyone who would do a good job.
thanks!
zAdmin wrote:

--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Couldn't find anybody to do it for free
You are wise in the ways of the world.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

It seems you've tossed the cart in front of the horse junior. Think to yourself. Why would an HVAC contractor that sells and installs HVAC equipment want to cut out his equipment profit and only work for labor? Answer: Most no one will. No reputable companies, that is. You fell for that story line on the website where it says, "you buy the equipment at half the cost of the hvac contractors and then we give you a list of hvac contractors that will be happy to install your system". BAHAHAHAHA. You have left yourself with only the hacks and crooks to install your system. Only one way I would now handle your install. I charge you my regular labor AND I add the mark-up in for the equipment that YOU bought. THEN, you would be covered......and only if it is equipment I would have picked. That Goodman crap you most likely picked only gets a 90 day labor warranty from me. Good Luck, Bubba
Hi all:
First time on since we were KO'd by Katrina 13 mo. ago. We were down but not out. Good to be back.
MFEMF Air-Care
Bubba wrote:

Ditto here, (Pasagoula, MS)
Katrina was pretty nasty, but the good news is I finally found out which of our service trucks would float! :-)
Had to work out of a 1990 Olds for a few months with a 5 gallon pickle bucket for a tool box...
Lost half of my library (anything that was sitting lower than 48 inches in my house.) Lost all of my instruments, computers too.
My insurance says I was not covered for flooding because they said I didn't need to be...
And to hell with FEMA! All money comes with strings attached.
Good to hear from you!
Jim
Pascagoula (Lightning Point)

Jim, and Keith, Glad to hear your both doin ok... we took a pretty good lick from Katrina too(Hattiesburg, MS), but we were only down for a couple of weeks.
--

Steve @ Noon-Air Heating & A/C
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Turtle is some where down in Lousiana. He wrote a while back of visiting the hurricane area. He said gasoline was nearly impossible to get, and that he did get to help some folks who were hungry and thirsty.
What was your experience?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Ya, he was last seen selling water for $10 a bottle, and hamburgers for $15 each....
--
Respectfully, Bob

zAdmin wrote:

Bubba is right, most A/C contractors will not mess with someone buying equipment on the cheap.
If you have not bought the equipment yet, shop contractors & buy from them with a valid warranty & proper install. - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Hey no problem....
Time starts when the service truck leaves the driveway towards your location (plus 1000 miles @ 50 cents per mile.) You pay for lodging and food plus our normal labor rates. We will also require a percentage of the equipment cost. The warranty is your problem..
Cheers!
Awaiting your approval....
Jim
The last time I went to Chicago, it was about 12 hour drive. How far is it from your place in MS?
I've got some friends in Chicago area, who I havn't seen in ages. So, it would be nice to come out. 50 cents a mile sounds about right. I'd have to Mapquest it, see what's the distance. The job may be delayed for a couple days trying to find parts houses in the Chicago area to buy sheet metal and so on. But you've likely got all that, already.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Ther are very fine techs in here that would be glad to do it. One is Named Stormin Normin and the other goes by AKS or Dido. Either on of these gentelman will do a fine job for you at a very reasonable price.
posted for all of us...

--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."

Al Moran wrote

LOL!!!! Between the two of them, he MIGHT get his t/stat wired correctly....but I doubt it.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Ah, the alt havoc mantra. Replace the thermostat. You are just too much fun.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.