Chest Freezer Question

I have several chest freezers, they are in an outdoor setting and subject to variable temperatures. All the freezers are set at -10*F, when the outside temp drops into the high 30's low 40's ONE of the freezers temperature goes UP to around

0*F. This not a problem for the food but it does trigger my temperature alarm. This particular freezer is on an outside wall so may see ambient temps lower than all the others. How could low temperatures cause this. Mikek
Reply to
amdx

Read the owners manual... it will give you min/max ambient temps for the freezer.

The cause of you issue may be because of the condensing coil refrigerant temperature/pressure change in low ambient temps. Is the freezer with the issues the same make/model as the others? are they the same age??

Reply to
Steve

This freezer is a different make, a Frigidaire vs Kenmore. Thanks for the info. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Just an added note, once the ambient temperature was up into the middle 40's the oddball freezer temperature went down to match the others. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

There ya go.

Reply to