Central heating continuously runs

Page 3 of 3
Steve wrote:

You think the Sperry DM-6450 can't check a $20 capacitor properly?
Fluke and UEI meters that are capacitance

What you do you mean by that? I've been coming here regularly for 3 months. What's your problem?
On 08 Aug 2012 14:22:34 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

Ha! A good repairman could take the make, model, and symptom, and tell you exactly which part failed and it's value or tube number. I worked for a guy like that.

There's nothing wrong with the technique.

Not really because you need to yank chasy out which on some TVs was big job!!

Now we ware out clicker or remotes!!
Does tstat control a relay on furnace that is sticking?
On 8/5/2012 11:22 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, or a short in the wiring. Should only take 2 wires to do the control. A third wire is typically used to provide additional functionality, like power so the thermostat can be lit up, etc.
And what is the history? Did it ever work? Was it working and then something was changed?
Also the overall settup isn't clear. In these parts we usually don't have seperate timer and thermostat. We have a programmable thermostat that combines temp settings for various periods with a clock.