Central heat and air keeping coming on randomly...

I had a "hard" power outage a couple of nights ago and all the sudden the blower keeps coming back on randomly, even though I have the Honeywell controller in the off postion (between heat and air) and the other on auto (not on).
I opened my windows to enjoy the nice weather and about once an hour it will start blowing for a few minutes then stop. Before that, it wouldn't stop at all, but someone told me to make sure the doors in on the system in the garage were on tight. I messed around and it went off. Now it just comes on occasionally.
My electric bill is going to be more than my budget if I can't find a fix.
Thanks!

If its a digital control, make sure the blower switch is on *AUTO*, and not *CIRC*. The CIRC position will turn the blower on for about 10 minutes each hour.

Mine looks like this:
http://www.honeywellcentral.com/ssi/pdf/honeywell-commercial/RTH230B_manual.pdf
I only have auto/on and it is on the auto position.

Typical big box store stat. Change the batteries, and if it still does it, then your gonna need to call a tech out to correct the problem

for 10 minutes, so I am getting ready to try both.

I pulled the batteries out of the thermostat for 10-15 seconds. When I put them back in, the fan immediately kicked on and finally shut off.
Tamara Lynn wrote:

If bettery is getting lo the 'stat will display "batt" for about a month B4 it quits. If power failure occured, it is good idea to reset the furnace by turning the breaker off/on and likewise reset the 'stat like you did. I usually replace set of battery every year to have peace of mind. My 'stat is a wireless type, battery state is more critical.