Central Air servicing

Hi, How often should a central air system should be serviced? And what should be done during that service? Average cost? I got my central air installed like a year ago, I live in So. Cal, so no extreme winters here. Thanks for your reply. Carlos
Fish, this ones on your turf :-)

You might want to read your owners manual or even call the installing company and get their thoughts and prices. There now, that didnt hurt so bad, did it? All you gotta do is use your wittle teeney brain once in a while. Bubba

Twice a year, two thousand per call.
That should cover the fuel cost. :-)

A new central air system is like a sophisticated, cultured woman. She should be serviced on a quite regular basis, and really, cost is no object. In fact, if you have to ask, generally speaking, you cant afford her. She should have her ashes hauled at least bi-weekly, if you're up for it.
As for what should be done while servicing her, well, let your imagination run wild. Lubed? yes. Tweaked? yes. You get the idea.......oh, and be sure to check her suction & head pressure.