Carrier Performamce 93, 58 MTB?

Hi, Got quoted on this model to replace our old Carrier Weather Maker 8000 one. Thinking about new furnace B4 this winter. Is this model a safe bet? I lined up two more installers and by next week I'll have all 3 final quotes. They are all reputable local Carrier dealer. TIA for expert advice/comment on this. HAVE A GOOD DAY.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'm not real impressed with carrier.... or anything else that is owned by UT.... that includes York, ICP, and all of their associated other brand names and subsidiaries. Trane is really really proud of their parts... twice to 3 times what I pay for most other brand names. Lennox is pretty much the same as trane as far as parts price and availability. I would not just check into installers, but also into the wholesale suppliers... sux very much bad if you have to wait for a week to have a part shipped in in the dead middle of either summer or winter.

Reply to
Steve

Pick the make that is very prevalent in your area. That way service and parts will be available even in the middle of a storm. Make sure there are several service companies available to service that model. A cheap or out of area brand heating or cooling unit is useless if it cannot be serviced immediately when in need.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Reply to
grumpy

Hi, As a DIY'er getting Carrier parts is quite easy around here.

Reply to
Tony Hwang