Carrier Infinity Thermostat - does not resume after power failure

I have a Carrier Infinity system. In general, it works great. But whenever there is a power failure (t-storms), the thermostat waits for someone to confirm the type of air filter and other configuration options before resuming the heating or cooling.

It's a problem when the house is left unattended. Temporary power glitches are fairly common in the winter and the pipes could easily freeze if the heat does not resume.

Is there something wrong or is this the way the Infinity thermostats operate?

Thanks, AABob

Reply to
Bob

There is probably a backup battery in the thermostat that needs replacing. I am not familure with your system. Get the Model # of your thermostat and find a manual for it on Google.

Reply to
cottone40511

Hi, Our home system is Carrier and `stat has batteries in it. Actually label on the `stat is Carrier but it is made by Honeywell. Ours is wireless. No wiring on the `stat. I can move it around the house.

Reply to
Tony Hwang