carrier furnace problem

Hi My Crusader Carrier horizontal furnace was installed in January of 1990 and has worked well. I have a problem when we turn the thermostat down at night the furnace will fail to activate when we turn the thermostat up un the morninng or it will fire up and bring the house to the temp but will not fire again when the temp falls. I replaced the thermostat and that fixed the problem for last winter. but the same problem is occuring now. I turn the heat off and then back on at the thermostat and the fiurnace fires up and runs fine. I know the fist solution is to not turn the furnace down but I would like your help fixing this problem.
Thanks Geald Wesley
On Thu, 08 Nov 2007 22:58:04 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You obviously got a bad thermostat. Take it back and get a better one. If you didnt know by now, "its almost always the thermostat." Bubba
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, Are you using analog or digital thermostat? If it' an old analog type, how about replacing it with a programmable digital. Let the program do the job of turning the thing up/down. Buy a good one like Honeywell.
common problem, replace the thermostat again, home depot has dozens of very inexpensive models to choose from im sure replacing several thermostats will be cheaper than calling a competent technician to come out and perform a rotuine check and cleaning , which BTW when was that last done ?????????
p.s. i think i know what your problem is , and its not a tstat you need a service call from a competent tech
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

On Nov 8, 5:58 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

There are a number of safety features in your furnace related to it starting up. I suspect one of them is acting up and the problem has nothing to do with your thermostat. Unless you're exceptionally handy and have some eletrical background your best bet is to just call a good service guy.
jamesgangnc wrote:

Listen to the man he is so right. Call out a HVAC technician.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

I need to know how many wires are connected to the tstat 2,or 3 ect, and the colors would also be helpful.

Is that how they diagnose problems up in Canada kool?

well first of all I am A real HVAC tech thank you, I was asking how many conductors where running to the stat but you had to be a smart ass I guess you have to be smart somewhere. I was tiring to help the guy with his problem so if you don't have anything helpful to add then please keep it to yourself. I would use a DVOM to diagnose the problem but its hard to do over the internet.

Robert M wrote:

A "Real HVAC Tech!" Omg! Let me bow to you! ROFL
Geald;
The thought of the day; call you local HVAC tech, tell him / her to bring out a Honeywell S86 ignitor [common on that furnace] and flame sensor. Get out your wallat and pay the HVAC tech to diagnose and complete the repair. Enjoy your heater!
--
Zyp