Carrier furnace blower motor

Hi, In need of part no. for motor. Weather maker 9000 series WAV58 is furnace model. Any help appreciated. TIA,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I'm confused. I thought you were in the trade? Your parts house doesn't have Carrier parts look up?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi, No. I am retired electronics engineer from Honeywell. Only company I worked for during my active days. Last night furnace motor burnt out and I had to scramble to replace it. Got a GE replacement motor and had heck of a timeremoving the motor(shaft frozen with dirt, etc.) Kroil helped. You are a good man, I know. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Oops, so many people on the computer. Easy to forget stuff. I've heard good things about Kroil. The packaging used to be very amateur, but the product was good.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Do they make fudge ?

Reply to
.p.jm.

How long did you work as a packer for Kroil?

Reply to
HVAC

Hi, Kroil is pretty good but I heard AT (xmission fluid) mixed with Acetone

50-50 is even better.
Reply to
Tony Hwang

Actually, I worked on assembly line for circuit boards for a while. I was a couple stations before "pack out". And, I packed green and yellow sponges for a part time job. I had another part time job at Mrs. Richardsons foods, we were packing plastic packs of ice cream topping, or was it for brownies. I can't remember. However, I some how remember it was 45 pounds per box. For those days, I was paid to be a fudge packer. I hope no one tells my Bishop about that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've heard of mixing diesel and kersoene. The AT / acetone mix is new one to me.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Grumpy

Diesel? Kerosene? Not much difference. #1 Diesel serves as Kerosene on torpedo Heaters.

Reply to
Don Ocean

It's been a while since I read that. I think kerosene penetrates more, and diesel has lubrication. Something like that.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Kero is a fuel, where diesel is an oil.

Reply to
Steve

Hmmmm I don't know about that I see them both as fuel in 50s some time you could not tell the difference.

"Little story" in 1972 when we had gasoline shortage at that time I was put in on road about 1500 miles weekly. One Friday I was upstairs New York with 1/8 of tank gas, week end and no gas to be found any place in area even my customer was trying to locate some so I can get home strikeout on all sides. Since I was so desperate to get home I approached one gas station and asked if he have any diesel or kerosene he say no diesel but he does have 5 gallon can of kerosene, well do I have to say more I put all 5 gallon into my tank while car was running and war up and god willing made 80 miles home with no problems it would not pickup as with clean gas but it got me home car was 1969 Olds. 98 with 455cub. This is not a bull shit but fact!

Grumpy

Years ago, one of my college professors told us that remote pump houses, they have gasoline engines which are gasoline and kerosene powered. They stock kerosense, which has much longer shelf life. And they keep a galon or so of gasoline to get the engine started.. After the gas engine is warmed up, the valve it over to kerosene. And then back to gas, a couple minutes before shut down.

Farmers used to do much the same thing with tractors.

I read that diesel burns hotter, so it's not good to run in cars. But, if you were evading a hurricane, it's worth trying.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I am impressed. Kerosene used to be coal oil. In modern times it is made from crude oil and is very little difference from Diesel. Fuel oil is actually a form of diesel. You might try researching this by comparing the BTUH of each. Keep in mind the refined fuels now used in both Naval vessels and aircraft. From JP4 to JP6. A good atomizer and oxidizer gives you whatever energy BTUH that you feel you need. The older naval vessels could operate on preheated Grade #1.

Reply to
Don Ocean

You beat the bishop, so he shouldn't bother you. Now we know where your "talent" comes from. beat the bishop and fudge packer; quite funny!

Real Pisser

that's how #3 fuel oil is made

Real Pisser

so a semi is powered by a weil mclain?