Carrier Comfort Temp Thermostat 140027-03A

The 14 pin LCD chip that shows the day/time of each zone setting is bad. Not only can't I find any info about the chip, I can't find any info about buying a new thermostat. It is a 4 zone system and it seems like all that is offered is a whole new zone controller system at $500.00+ Seems a bit crazy that this thermostat or a compatible one is not available. Any suggestions, short of having to buy a whole new controller system?