carrier code 14 & flame propagation

Page 2 of 2

Yes, it's always been this way.
I invented this NG. Matter of fact, I invented the internet.
PS- We don't even charge for the insults. Feel lucky.
<ftwhd> wrote in message

I don't miss hearing this shit ALL THE TIME!!!!!!

Isn't it nice to be admired? :-)

Everybody wants to be like Mike. :-)

Yeah.... Mikey will eat *anything* :-)

Maybe I should have been a little more specific....
You fav local, *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC Tech,...*NOT* the lowest price.

Or the local moron. (but, he's been in business forever!)

Not here... the guy puts a new stat on the wall, resets the flame rollout switch and leaves... next trip, he condemns the furnace. To stupid to CORRECTLY diagnose the problem!
Said the HX had to be cracked and it would be to hard to remove for inspection and there wasn't any other way to verify that it was bad.
So sad... but they sold em a new furnace!
To bad the heat exchanger was fine! <--- FACT
KJPRO wrote:

Not after it was whacked a few times taking it out! There are folks out there that have made a helluva a lot of money changing exchangers or furnaces that weren't bad. If your competitor tells one of your customers that the furnace exchanger is cracked and dangerous to life and limb, there is no way that homeowner will gamble on it being good. Fear has sold more exchangers then fact. It is damned hard to show a customer a bad waffle exchanger that has popped a sealing ring deep inside. It is also a bit difficult to find any CO leakage without jerry-rigging the furnace inducer fan to off. Induce is a misnomer. It usually sucks.. ;-p Not every service vehicle can afford an infrared camera and it is damned hard to shove a plastic eye tube into a hot furnace when it is cold out. I am deeply amused at how many good exchangers have been sent back to Goodman as being bad. They had a short article in ACCA Today a while back on that. I would hope that is not because of their complete furnace with tube exchanger change out warranty. I would be crushed to believe that so many Service folks did that measely $300 labor scam. I do believe that tube exchangers have cut these numbers drastically. Most that I have worked on in the last 20 years or so were usually due to over firing and improper set up at install. There were a lot of them that went, due to varying BTUH ratios from propane. Much of that problem was usually part of the secondary exchanger plugging up due to sooting..And one burner would create a rolloff fault. Not a problem where furnaces are inspected and service on a regular basis usually. I will do my very best to keep my customers alive and healthy. One big scammy paycheck does not equate to many honestly earned ones over a few decades from the children and grandchildren of your original customers. Word of mouth can make you or break you. I hunt, fish and go to church with my customers. They are family!

They didn't even remove this one... said it had to be removed from the back! It was up against the wall, so they said it couldn't be removed for verification.
The clamshells are pretty easy to locate... show the client the rings you find. :-)