Carrier/Bryant specified max static pressure for their AFU 94 furnaces?

Anyone have a document (or a pointer) they can share , from Carrier/Bryant with the vendors specified maximum static pressure for their 94AFU units? With their "Evolution/Infinity" thermostats the max and current static pressures can be read off the thermostat (I presume they do this by analyzing the results of the ECM motors "backpressure" but don't know for sure how they co measure this. I presume it's good enough for checking the factories specification .

My thanks, in advance

Reply to
khbkhb

Anyone have a factory document (scan or pointer) which provides the factory's specified max static pressure? With their "Infinity/Evolution" thermostats max and current static pressure can be read simply (hold the "Advanced" button down for about a minute and you get the service dialog, "setup" to procure "max" and service for current).

I'd expect that the factory specified max would be on the near order of

1", the thermostat goes bonkers when it's over 1.4" and the local distributor is claiming that the sky is the limit (which makes less than no sense to me).

My thanks, in advance.

Reply to
keithbierman

These guys can help you:

Next time, try not to be so lazy.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Sigh... Lazy fucker, aren't you...

Here's some folks who can help you:

Oscar_Lives

Since the distributor has been caught in multiple untruths, I am not yet ready to let the factory know just what's going on.

And extensive search of the carrier site doesn't actually provide the information requested. Yes, it shows .5" (as one woud expect for the specifications, but that isn't the same as knowing just where damage to the ECM motors is apt to kick in.

The "infinity" thermostat documentation says 1.0" and above will get warnings, but that it will *not* impact the operation nor the dirty filter diagnostic (but it seems that at exceedingly high levels, theat logic IS impacted).

expect that beyond a certain point the 20 year design point of the GE motors would be reduced to a single year. But precisely what the GE spec is for a given motor is a separate search. And it will prove educational if the Carrier internal documents have a value different than GE (and yet different again from the distributor).

Reply to
khb