Carrier 48GP

I have a single package gas heating/electric cooling unit model 48gp-048115301 installed in 2000. In 2004, I had to have the draft blower assembly replaced due to it being rusted out. The heat exchanger coils were cleaned and the overall unit serviced. Now what is happening is a very nasty smell is coming from the unit and stinking up the house, not electrical. Fan runs, little heat, plenty of propane in the tank. Turned off breaker. Any ideas what may be happening? Repair guy coming, but I would like a heads up on what it might be. I think it may be heat exchanger or a pressure regulator....liquid coming thru not gas.

Replace that old piece of shit. Put it out of its misery.

Ahh, my old grouch oscar. Unit is younger than you...not an option! Stll have a warranty, which I'm sure yours has expired. But, I will never have a Carrier again...too exclusive.

liquid coming thru, not gas. WTF is that about?
congradulations on purchasing a Carrier. I absolutely love those units as they are guaranteed cash cows. They constantly break and the parts for them are outrageously expensive.
When the tech shows up, have them remove the entire side of the unit where the burnt gas is expelled from the side of the unit. Opening this panel should give them unrestricted access to the heat exchanger, which is probably corroded to the point it is leaking big time.
The good news is your hx should have a 10 yr parts warranty. Even if it is covered, not covered are the jillions of other little bs parts that need to be replaced as well.
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:53:10 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

hehehe. Somebody's been peeking. Dont you just love Carrier? Sounds like the flame is burning poorly and its finding its way into the home through all the little rusted combustion components that fish has eluded to. Invest in a couple good CO detectors and then invest in a new system. Bubba

Thnks guys for the info. Also receiving a rollout code. Smell is suffocating...possibly aldehyde..gives headaches, watery eyes, etc.
Bob Pietrangelo
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Unless your wife is real hot with big tits-- then send her over to MY house.
You can send the kids over to Paul's house. Just tell them not to pull on the cats' tails.

are you trying to tell us your wife has tiny tits and is as cold as a fish?

Well, duh....
Besides, I am a young buck and she is 10 years older than me. I can handle much more...

That's what she said...