CapillaryTube, what exactly is it ?

Its classified as a fixed meter device and a TXV is classified as modulating. I suppose you could say a cap tube is more of a pressure reducing device but I wouldnt try to stretch that to mean modulating.
I know where you are trying to go with this modulating bit but it doesnt really modulate open to closed or vise versa the way a TXV does.
The inlet pressure determines the flow rate and the modulation of the flow rate is dependant on the bubble length of the cap tube.
ftwhd wrote:

Thats not true, the flow rate is determined by the quantity of the bubbles in the bubble length. and thats what modulates, the amount of gas in the tube, because vapor travels at a different speed than liquid does.

Im trying to think of a reason to argue with someone who doesnt know what hes talking about... Nope cant think of one but thanks for the offer.