Cannot find Refco vacuum pump oil.

Hi All,

I have Refco Eco-5 vacuum pump and looking for vacuum pump for it. Refco recommended original Refco DV-44, DV-45 and DV-46 oils, but I believe that any substitute from Castrol/Pennzoil, etc. would work as well. When can I find it online?

Thanks.

Reply to
ialeshin

Looks like you missed this opportunity:

Oscar_Lives

Sounds like Turtles back, didn't he use straight #30 non detergent oil?

Rich

Reply to
geoman

When? When you look a wee bit harder. Dont forget to click your heels. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Guys, Sorry, I'm novice at here. I don't know who is Mr.Turtles and what is the story about him.

Do you have any ideas about oil for this pump and WHERE can I get it?

Thanks!

Bubba wrote:

Reply to
ialeshin

try where you bought the pump....if that fails, then your local supply house. If you can't handle that simple bit of information, then your really have no business with the pump in the first place.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I just bought it via craigslist. Person who sold it to me didn't have an oil. I didn't have experience with maintaining such of pumps before. I just borrowed it and used. That is it. So, question: What kind of oil I can use for this pump? I don't expecting any political wars like synthetic via mineral or why silicon wiper blades are better then rubber. Just a simple question about oil. What you would recommended? Examples, like... Mobil1 Synthetic 5W30, Castrol 75W90, or My Lovely Brand RV-45 etc.

Thanks!

No> > Guys,

Reply to
ialeshin

Try your local parts house. The oughta have vac pump oil.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Vacuum pump oil. It's much different than motor oil.

What is your use for this pump? I know one fellow who uses a vac pump for vacuum packing food, and for freeze drying. Others might use em for removing moisture before repairing starred windshields.

What's your use? Maybe we can be more help.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm going to use to Car's A/C Service. I have to replace one broken A/C hose (drier as well).

Storm> Vacuum pump oil. It's much different than motor oil.

Reply to
ialeshin

Gawd your a freakin idiot Stormy. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

What if he's building a penis-pump booth for the State Fair?

... I'm not helping.

(however, the custom color O-rings is where the real money is made.)

-zero

Reply to
-zero

You need to get a f****ng clue...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Thanks Zero mine needs something like that but why I could not think of something like that Yeh very useful tool now I know what to do with this spare pumps I have hmmmm using 60 weight differential oil should do it great hahahehe Dido

Reply to
AKS

Same place that sells you freon should have vacuum pump oil. It comes in 150 or 300 weight. I'm not totally sure what's the difference.

Legally speaking, you do have your EPA 609 certificate, a recovery pump, DOT approved recovery tank, and all that good stuff?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How about a Maxwell House Breast Pump? Good to the last drop.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There goes the ozone layer, hello global warming.

Reply to
Nobody

Reply to
ialeshin

What are you using the pump for????

Reply to
geoman

geoman,

Good question in atl.hvac conference.... I already answered on it. That a look above.

Reply to
ialeshin