Cannot find Refco vacuum pump oil.

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,
I have Refco Eco-5 vacuum pump and looking for vacuum pump for it. Refco recommended original Refco DV-44, DV-45 and DV-46 oils, but I believe that any substitute from Castrol/Pennzoil, etc. would work as well. When can I find it online?
Thanks.

Looks like you missed this opportunity: http://cgi.ebay.com/Refco-HVAC-New-5-0-CFM-Vacuum-Pump-2stage-Refrigeration_W0QQitemZ250056343140QQcmdZViewItem

Sounds like Turtles back, didn't he use straight #30 non detergent oil?
Rich
On 13 Dec 2006 05:00:48 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

When? When you look a wee bit harder. Dont forget to click your heels. Bubba
Guys, Sorry, I'm novice at here. I don't know who is Mr.Turtles and what is the story about him.
Do you have any ideas about oil for this pump and WHERE can I get it?
Thanks!
Bubba wrote:

try where you bought the pump....if that fails, then your local supply house. If you can't handle that simple bit of information, then your really have no business with the pump in the first place.
I just bought it via craigslist. Person who sold it to me didn't have an oil. I didn't have experience with maintaining such of pumps before. I just borrowed it and used. That is it. So, question: What kind of oil I can use for this pump? I don't expecting any political wars like synthetic via mineral or why silicon wiper blades are better then rubber. Just a simple question about oil. What you would recommended? Examples, like... Mobil1 Synthetic 5W30, Castrol 75W90, or My Lovely Brand RV-45 etc.
Thanks!
Noon-Air wrote:

Vacuum pump oil. It's much different than motor oil.
What is your use for this pump? I know one fellow who uses a vac pump for vacuum packing food, and for freeze drying. Others might use em for removing moisture before repairing starred windshields.
What's your use? Maybe we can be more help.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You need to get a fucking clue...

Same place that sells you freon should have vacuum pump oil. It comes in 150 or 300 weight. I'm not totally sure what's the difference.
Legally speaking, you do have your EPA 609 certificate, a recovery pump, DOT approved recovery tank, and all that good stuff?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

There goes the ozone layer, hello global warming.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
I'm pretty sure that system already empty (broken hose has hole) and not necessary to use recovery pump for this case. Of cause I'll check it (just in case), before then I start any replacing operation.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:31:38 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Gawd your a freakin idiot Stormy. Bubba

What if he's building a penis-pump booth for the State Fair?
... I'm not helping.
(however, the custom color O-rings is where the real money is made.)
-zero

Thanks Zero mine needs something like that but why I could not think of something like that Yeh very useful tool now I know what to do with this spare pumps I have hmmmm using 60 weight differential oil should do it great hahahehe Dido

How about a Maxwell House Breast Pump? Good to the last drop.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

I would use the Castrol personally, it has never let me down yet.
You can also us a good gear oil, its thicker and will allow a deeper vacuum
Let us know how it turns out.
Try your local parts house. The oughta have vac pump oil.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

What are you using the pump for????