Can I use Oxy / Propane to Braze HVAC with copper-sil

hello I have a torch set and OXY but no acetlene I use propane for cutting with it but was nt sure about sheld gas when doing a line set
okay any input would be good
Thanks Patrick
Simple answer will be yes, but that also depend on you. I have Braze with propane with cutting torch and with regular brazing set up How critical brazing particular project is, and what type material you are using for brazing . I have brazed every thing with exception of Aluminum. It is always good policy to try on the piece of material that is trash or none important.
"Patrick" wrote in message
hello I have a torch set and OXY but no acetlene I use propane for cutting with it but was nt sure about sheld gas when doing a line set
okay any input would be good
Thanks Patrick

replying to tony944 , Patrick wrote:

I have O2 and brazeing tip/s, and have only a few joints to make up its HVAC lines ( 90* and Couplings) I have nitrigen(sp) for purge inside tube, just was unsure if propane would make a good sheld gas for the weld,, ( I use the propane & O2 mostly for cutting and heating bolts, parts ect)
-------- Forwarded Message -------- Subject: Re: Can I use Oxy / Propane to Braze HVAC with copper-sil Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 23:44:02 +0000
Dear user at example dot com, you are posting to Usenet, via a web forum. Please try to find your way here with a Usenet server.
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 6:44:03 PM UTC-5, Patrick wrote:

Propane is not a shield gas. If you are using propane/oxy you don't have a shield gas. Shield gas is for arc welding. Nitrogen inside is fine.
Frowned upon by most hvac "experts", you can silver solder most hvac lines as well. As long as you're not too close to the compressor solder will hol d just fine. And it's a lot easier to do. Brazing copper lines is challen ging unless you do it regularly because the melting point of copper is not all that much higher than the brazing material.