Burnham MPO boiler - strange temperature behavior

Page 1 of 3
Dear Readers, My Burnham MPO boiler was installed in August. I've an indirect water heater attached as well. The domestic hot water works fine and heats up on demand as expected. Now that heating season has begun, I find hydronic system with very very weak heat output. The new circulator is running fine. The manual says there is a 15degree differential between the "high limit setting" and a call for boiler ignition. I see the high limit is set at 200F. I raise the thermostat to call for heat, but I watch the boiler thermometer go down to under 90deg F and never come on. The only way it does come on is if I run the hot water too.
Any ideas or suggestions on what is wrong would be appreciated.
Regards, Anthony Falcone
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hi, Air in the system?

I bled everything more than once. Don't think that's the case as I hear the circulator running smoothly with water.
Call nother dealr for warranty service
On Oct 17, 5:44 am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What's the installing dealer have to say?

He's, literally, unresposive. May have gone out of business, or may be exceedingly unprofessional to not reply after 3 phone calls over the course of a month.
Thats too bad , maybe you could pay him a visit in person ? its really hard to diagnose a problem as yours over a keyboard heres some obvious things , then you'd better consider getting somebody over there who can figure it out without damaging it or your property
1. boiler piped properly ? 2.circulator installed properly ? there will be an arrow on the cast iron body
indicating direction of water flow , the arrow should be pointed toward the direction of water that will take it into the bottom hole on the boiler . 3, air , tony mentioned it , but you could still have air trapped soemwhere can you hear water flowing through your radiators all my other ideas involve electrical and low voltage wiring , which i wont get into with you , the three things i mentioned above are easy and involve simple visual inspection , see what you can find out , otherwise and unfortunately you may have to pay a competent boiler tech to suss out your problem
good luck
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:44:02 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Isnt the cheapest bidder just wonderful? Bubba

Call around to the various suppliers for that particular boiler, and tell them whats going on. Ask them if they know what happened to the installer. Also ask them who's the best tech they got and go from there. No its not gonna be free, and probably not gonna be cheap. Just consider it the offset between the lowest bidder, and having it done by a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician.

Why not try Burnham first, you have a warranty.
What's the installing dealer have to say?-

tell
installer.
it
*competent*,
Burnham will refer him to a Dealer, Period.
why don't you pay him a visit go there and find out what is going on

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 02:44:02 -0700, anthonymmfalcone wrote:

Take a drive to the dealer's place of business and demand to see him/her.
Meat Plow posted for all of us...

He should be easy to spot: clapped out bondo Pinto wagon hooptie with used parts in cardboard box, ladder on roof bigger than hooptie, broken jamb material and majik undies fluttering from a loose piece of trim.

Was he the cheapest guy you could find?

In other words you have nothing to say about helping solve the problem but you feel free to attack the original poster by assuming that his choice was price driven. Most definitely abusive.
Now you'll come back with an attack on me. It never fails. I post and you dance. You'll just have to dance some more monkey boi. Dance boi, dance.
--
---
there should be a "sig" here

was
Asking questions is now 'abusive'... Boy, you're one clueless mother fucker.
I feel like abusing you a little... What content of your post 'helped' the original poster?
Now you can post a clueless reply as always.

Dammit Kenny, quit feeding the trolls

And perhaps you could stop reposting this stuff? I have both of those children killfiled, but your reposting of it managed to get it through the filters. Thanks.
--
Regards,

children
Then you're missing KJ's good information. So sad.