Building a furnace closet

Hi
I'm planning on having a high efficiency HVAC system installed in a home that only had a gas wall heater. I would like to build the closet myself where a general closet previously existed at the end of the hallway.
My question is do newer 90% plus efficiency furnaces require combustion air supply and if they do where can I find building specs for such.
Thanks.
On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:22:33 -0700, "marspinball"

No, it uses a special kind of fuel that does not require air.
Al Moran wrote:

Al, Please, he doesn't have a clue, he could kill his entire family!
It is essential to run PVC of the correct type & size to use outdoor air for combustion air. PVC of the correct type & size is also used to VENT the exhaust gases and the PVC sloped to drain the condensation.
Get a licensed HVAC contractor to properly install the entire system! Everything has to be done right! Do NOT try to do this work on your own! - udarrell
Very Good Advise!
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

_Who_ doesn't? Methinks both.
What the hell does the furnace burn then, solid rocket fuel? This is the wrong time for sarcasm, in any event. Involuntary manslaughter is a serious allegation. Wrongful death lawsuits are no fun, either.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

If he's not smart enough to realize that one of the requirements for fire is air then he deserves a Darwin award.
Where do I go to buy a couple buckets of this fuel? Sounds like good stuff.
Seriously, Darrell has been on this group for several years, and sure sounds like he knows the trade.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Bring it out of the closet. Don't be ashamed of its orientation. Be proud.

Gotta love them Gaynor and asshole shits systems. Owner prolly hasn't had a Dayton years. But at least he has a couple of fans. :-)
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

The data you want and more should be included with the furnace.
Yes. In the manual that comes with the furnace.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.