Bubba and others. Re: SmarterWay, AlpineHomeAir.com, AcOverstock, AcDirect.com

All those websites sell the same crap... but ALL of them offer the same manufacturers warranty so Steve is Full of absolute crap like you said Jim

Reply to
Old and Not So Grumpy

You too need to do your homework before running your mouth

Reply to
Noon-Air

No Tony, you are oh so wrong. The most popular one of all (Goodman) that seems to be sold to anyone anywhere states right on their website that internet purchases have NO warranty. I wont hold that against you though Tony as I know you do have quite a difficult time with the English language. Perhaps I'll even help you out Tony. Below is a link to the warranty on a Goodman furnace right off Goodman's website.

Read down the left hand column (or have someone that can read it to you). About halfway down the page there is a sentence that starts with the word "NEITHER" (actually there are two of them. It is the second one) Now, dont be so stupid. Engage your brain FIRST, THEN open your pie hole. You seem to be doing it backwards. "Imagine that?"

Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba: there are tow tonys here there is "old and grunpy" and there is also "old and not so grunpy" you have answer to wrong one. I have not posted anything about warranty nore do I know anything about it. Sorry Bubba tony (old and grunpy)

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

Well.........chit. I guess that makes me old and Bubba old bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You are correct that Goodman does state that they do not honor the manufactures warranty of internet sales, but that has been tested many times, and it does not hold up. That statement is really not for homeowners, but is instead a statement made to satisfy Goodman dealers who are upset that they are being cut out of the loop and not able to charge $500 per hour for their work.

Also, there is no law that keeps anyone from being able to buy HVAC equipment. There is regulation in place to control what they do with the product once they get it. If an AC, Heat Pump or Furnace is installed by a qualified HVAC technician, the manufactures warranty is fine, no matter who's brand.

The other way of looking at this, is that the bulk of internet sales to homeowners is not done by manufacturers or distributors. They are from a dealer to a homeowner, and that is exactly what dealers do, Since the manufacturers warranty is a parts warranty and not labor, if needed, the dealer that sold the unit to the homeowner, can in turn honor the parts warranty through it's distributor.

Buying direct is not for everyone. There is a small population who has always tried to do things a different way. That will never change.

Boyd Boyd

Reply to
jayboyd

Im not sure where you are getting your info but you still are not correct. Where did you see or read that the warranty issue does not hold up? We may be talking about 2 different things. If customer A buys a unit from one of the "ACdirectless" internet houses and then has a warranty issue, THAT internet place may honor the warranty (I really dont know.) But what happens when Customer A sells the house in 4 years and customer B moves in? Now customer B calls the local hvac pro because the A/C has a shorted compressor. The local pro will NOT get the compressor in warranty because he has to give them the serial number of the unit along with a bunch of other info the get it covered under warranty. The serial will not show up as a local purchase and the unit will NOT be covered under warranty. I know. Ive done it. My local Johnstone looks up the serials and wont honor it if they didnt sell it. My local Johnstone sales rep has just recently gotten 2 local internet resellers shut down as Johnstone does not want their equipment sold over the internet. ...........and Im not quite yet at $500hr for my work. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba, I respect your opinion and I am sure in your area your Johnstone has that policy. The Johnstone here does the same thing to some degree. But, because of the nature of Goodman's marketing, around here you can't swing a dead cat without hitting at least three Goodman distributors and one of them will honor the warranty. You may be forgetting that Goodman comes in many shapes and colors. There is Goodman Factory, Goodman Independent Distributors, and Johnstone (House Account). It is not uncommon to have any two or all three in the same territory. It is part of Goodman's plan to be #1.

As to where I get my information, I was the Vice Prez of a midwestern HVAC wholesale distributor that distributed Goodman and Amana into three states, and I can tell you from experience that when we ran serial numbers, there was never a question about where the units originated from. If they were within the warranty window, Goodman honored them, no questions asked. Your problem is not Goodman not honoring the warranty, but your Johnstone controlling their profit. I have sat at the right hand of the Goodman god in Houston and have heard them explain that they will honor any Goodman product that is within their time window (and this important) through authorized distributors and their authorized dealers.

I had a buddy call me a few weeks ago who is an HVAC Pro. He was upset because a Goodman unit he installed had fried and his Johnstone would not honor the warranty. I asked him how much he spent a month with them? He said about 10 grand a month in parts and some equipment. I suggested that he call them and give them 10,000 reasons why they should help...They did!

Bubba, Good Luck with your business. I truly mean that. 95% of the population will always pick up the yeller pages and call Bubba when they need him. 5% will always try to do it a different way and will never call Bubba in the first place. That is the 5% you are wasting energy on. Now get out there and get crackin on that $500/hour :-)

Reply to
jayboyd

Your info is interesting and I do believe it. I'll probably print this and hand it to my distributor(I'll take your name off it.) Actually to the owner. Im sure it wont do a thing but it will be worth the short "mileage" I see out of it. Thanks again, Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Reply to
Don Ocean

If you want to be ignorant... just keep running your mouth about shit you don't understand.

Reply to
<kjpro

Don&#39;t forget to adjust your labor rate... $500/hr :-)

Reply to
<kjpro