Bryant = Carrier?

My home warranty company is replacing my home HVAC from a 1.5 ton york(very old) to a 2 ton Bryant system.
They said bryant is made by Carrier !! Is that true? Is it as good as carrier?
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:11:26 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did your 1.5 ton York work effectively all those years? They why are you letting them replace it with a bigger 2 ton unit? Did your home warranty co show you the load calculations as to why the unit needs to be larger? Did you know that a bigger unit cools faster but runs less which causes higher humidity in your home? 70 degrees in your home with a high humidity reading will feel like shit. Did you know that a larger unit requires more CFM's of air which requires larger duct work? Im glad your home warranty co is taking such good care of you and not being cheap and lazy by not looking for harder to find 1.5 ton unit. I sure hope they check/change your metering device to the proper one in your indoor coil. Yes, the Bryant is just as bad as the Carrier. Bubba

Bubba and all
First post. New to this group. Glad I found it. My Heat Pump(installed in 1982) series 38 is not cooling. I probably need a new a.c.unit. Bubba said Bryant/ Carrier were not good units. The furnace is a high efficient Bryant and the Heat Pump is a Carrier.
What brand would you recommend ?
Thanks for your knowledge and sharing it.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Check out Coleman in your area. They make good heat pumps.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician
On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:25:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ok, lemme say it again to not confuse you too much. I dont like any units unless they are paying me to sell them. I havent found any of them that do that yet. :-) That being said, I think they are all "chit" now-a-days. They are all beating each other in the head to see who can produce the "best" at the cheapest price. Unfortunately, quality will tend to suffer. The installer is what will make or break your unit. Get a LABOR warranty with whatever you choose. Bubba
rsanan:
Yes, Carrier [a United Technologies Company] makes Bryant, Payne, Day & Night [if you can find one], Carlyle Compressors, Spectrol Electronics, and Carrier also owns ICP which is another set of air conditioning companies [Heil, Tempstar, etc..]
Your "home warranty company" usually doesn't pay their contractors well, and as a general rule, most reputable contractors won't work for a "home warranty" company. Most "newbies" will be looking for new business...
I'd have the unit check by a private company, and maybe get a quote or two from 'other' contractors. Talk to your friends, neighbors, and relatives and ask whom they've had good luck with.
Armed with that information, make a decision. But personally, I don't trust "home warranty companies" or their contractors.
Zyp

Nope, nope, nope...
UT owns Carrier and ICP
Carrier markets under Carrier, Bryant and Payne. The Day & Night name isn't being used right now.
ICP markets under AirQuest, Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, KeepRite, MaraTherm, ICP Commercial, etc.

What about BDP ?

No longer used...
UT [United Technologies] is a holding company. They also own Otis Elevator...
Just the same though - notice on the unit tag it usually says "A division of CARRIER"
Zyp

Stormy might come over to your home~!!