(bought furnace off internet now it wont work )New High effiency Furnace dual fan temp goodman ny hvac duct

Just kidding....

HI I have noticed through alot of research on here...(for my new furnace) That people say things like

youll die or your stupid if you buy your furnace off the internet.

I live in Syracuse,NY. And I was getting quotes of around $2500....to replace my old 50% effiecient

95000btu furnace with a 95% dual temp...variable speed 70000btu goodman. I went on ebay and

bought THE SAME EXACT UNIT....brand NEW....for $860 delivered to my door. The local guys

here assured me due to "liability" and warranties they can't install it and noone would (ha).....I was

persistant. And found a cool Hvac owner who told me of an independent licenced bonded

installer....one of his previous employees infact...with 15yrs exp and gave me his cell number.....

It takes awhile (bout a dozen calls) butYOU CAN TRACK SOMEONE DOWN WHO KNOWS WHAT THEYRE DOING

who doesnt act like they're a medical doctor or the IRS....or that you owe an Industry more than

you owe yourself and your family....I'll be enjoying my furnace FREE after just a season of gas

savings versus two or even three seasons paying local HVAC price....Plus with fed and state tax deals the furnace basicly was free... .. because i found a licensed hvac guy willing to make some side money....and after some

negotiations it was installed beutifully for $350 took him bout 4 hours...including the maching work

(or whatever it is where they make the connection to the duct).....and since he is certified and uses

goodman himself....i lucked out and even have a warranty!!....but if you dont get as lucky, who

cares!!!....You saved $1300 !!!! You can fix alot of problems with that.....But I bought a top brand

and top of the line....so im sure there will be no problems...

Also local heat guys told me those where "factory seconds"....explaining some dont pass

Goodmans standards...and these they unload cheap....obviously a lie.(BEWARE....these guys will

say ANYTHING to get you off the internet deals)..no major corp is gonna put

their name on seconds and sell them off to the public....but to be sure i called Goodman Mftg....and

was told by two reps this didnt sound right.....also the guys i bought it from seem as honest as any

hvac guy i talked to and they gave me confidence its the same unit their chargin 1600 for

locally....just for the unit itself. I sell cars for a living.....some people come in and Pay sticker buy the longest warranty and

care about our service department knowing their name or how long we been in business.they also

pay for my kids private schoool...others come in know the dealer cost(from the internet) hammer

me buy at dealer cost and I make basicly nothing.....I treat them with a smile and am happy to

serve them because its my chosen job and i know the big spenders comin......And im not a drunk

angry man....i been slaughtered on other groups tryin to get info by these fools....but i had the last

laugh and im enjoyiong the warmth right now!! buy online these guys are just sore that your smarter

than their hustle. I will be posting pics soon the install is actually pretty......and ill be posting This on every hvac group i can find.....honestly some where so mean about me not doing it their way that they kinda pissed me off...oh well ....It all worked out Peace!!

Reply to
infinigy

Well that's good you have a warranty. I hope it's on parts and labor... Don't kid yourself though...goodman is no top of the line...it has relation to lennox, which is a curse in itself.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Don't kid yourself though...goodman is no top of the line...it has relation to lennox, which is a curse in itself.

Yeah I meant the model is goodmans top of the line...I thought Goodman was Amana....as long as its a good quality and good brand..im happy

Reply to
infinigy

Yeah Amana is involved in there too. I forget now how Lennox ties in. My work carries the goodman brand and a few others. They have gotten alot better and they are easy to work on, I just work on alot of them hehe

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
Steve Scott

You very well may, you are.

You found a hack.

That's what you think, you'll see.

You have no warranty, no matter what anyone told you, Goodman does not warranty any system purchased off of the internet.

You bought crap!

Goodman does just that.

- All the free heating and air answers you want!

Reply to
Al Moran

I know Goodman doesnt waranty them if you tell them where you bought it....but according

to my installer...and like i said he does have a hvac biz and is fully certified and does install

goodmans (which he couldnt touch the price i got....he tried) He said if ever theres a

problem he will just go to hvac supply house order part and sign he installed....like he does

many other goodmans and put my serial number down....and it will be covered he assured

me goodman doesnt know which units went to who....and as far as they know i bought it

off him.....but yes i agree for most people they wouldnt have a warranty.....its a risk ive

taken on many things ive bought off internet....against local dealers advice...including a

movado watch and polk audio speakers....which polk tells you dont do...but hey...$3200 set

of speakers for $1700....as you can see ive saved tons of money taking this risk and HAVE

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM....and its only been a couple days...but my furnace is doing an

AWSOME job more of an improvement then i even expected over my old Tappan...and runs quite as can be...im very pleased with my decision.

Reply to
infinigy

If you look hard enough you can find anyone that will do anything. You are clueless and your installer either just took the money and doesnt care or he also is clueless. All you have to do is go to

and look up the warranty. It is very specific stating that anything bought through the internet is NOT warrantied. They have a real simple way of tracking it. It's something silly called a serial number. Every number is different. When your installer comes back to replace a part under warranty he will have to turn in the homeowner name, address, install date, model and serial number. The warranty part will be denied either at the time he picks up the part or later and they will charge his account back. In my area we have several Goodman supply houses. If you try and take a part back to the one where you did NOT purchase it, they will NOT warranty the part. Have fun with your new purchase. You saved money now and you will pay through the nose later in failed parts. Goodman is notorious for parts. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

He got bent over and just doesn't know it yet.

Reply to
Noon-Air

I guess you drank the kool-aid. Go ahead, live in your fantasy world as you'll soon be slapped hard out of it when your crapman fails and your hack installer is nowhere to be found and goodman just laughs at you when you try to warranty the thing. There's no place like home, there's no place like home.... Oh, and learn how to post while you are at it.

- All the free heating and air answers you want!

Reply to
Al Moran

This heating or air conditioning product is warranted by Goodman

Manufacturing Company, L.P. ("Goodman") to be free from defects in

materials and workmanship under normal use and maintenance, as

described below:

. The HEAT EXCHANGER is warranted for the LIFETIME of the

original purchaser and his or her spouse, or for so long as either of

them owns the home in which it was originally installed (whichever

ends first), except as provided below. However, this lifetime warranty

applies only if:

(1) The unit is installed in an owner-occupied, single-family

residence, and

(2) The unit is registered with Goodman within 30 days after either

the original installation or the closing on your home (if the product

is installed in a new home). Registration can be completed online

at

or by filling out the card accompanying

this warranty.

. If the lifetime warranty on the HEAT EXCHANGER does not apply,

the HEAT EXCHANGER is warranted for 20 YEARS, except as

provided below.

. All remaining parts are warranted for a period of 5 YEARS, except

as provided below.

Neither warranty continues after the product is removed from the

location where it was originally installed.

Neither warranty applies to, and no warranty is offered by Goodman

on, any product ordered over the Internet.

Regardless of time of registration, the warranty period begins on the

date of the original installation. If that date cannot be verified, the

warranty period begins three months after the month of manufacture

(indicated by the first four digits of the serial number (yymm)).

As its only responsibility, and your only remedy, Goodman will furnish

(i) a replacement part, without charge for the part only, to replace any

part that is found to be defective due to workmanship or materials

under normal use and maintenance, or (ii) for a heat exchanger that

is covered by the lifetime warranty and that fails in the first 10 years,

a new, equivalent furnace. For warranty credit, the defective part

must be returned to a Goodman heating and air conditioning products

distributor by a state certified or licensed contractor. Any part replaced

pursuant to this warranty is warranted only for the unexpired portion of

the warranty term applying to the original part.

These warranties do not apply to labor, freight, or any other cost

associated with the service, repair or operation of the product.

These warranties are in lieu of all other express warranties. ALL

IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO

WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR

PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS

WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an

implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.

GOODMAN SHALL IN NO EVENT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR

CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO

EXTRA UTILITY EXPENSES OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY. Some

states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or

consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to

you.

Goodman is not responsible for:

  1. Damage or repairs required as a consequence of faulty

installation or application.

  1. Damage as a result of floods, fires, winds, lightning,

accidents, corrosive atmosphere or other conditions beyond

the control of Goodman.

  1. Use of components or accessories not compatible with this

unit.

  1. Products installed outside the United States or Canada.

  1. Normal maintenance as described in the installation and

operating manual, such as cleaning of the coils, filter

cleaning and/or replacement and lubrication.

  1. Parts not supplied or designated by Goodman.

  1. Damage or repairs required as a result of any improper use,

maintenance, operation or servicing.

  1. Failure to start due to interruption and/or inadequate

electrical service.

  1. Any damage caused by frozen or broken water pipes in the

event of equipment failure.

  1. Changes in the appearance of the product that do not

affect its performance.

This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have

other rights that may vary from state to state.

For further information about this warranty, contact Goodman Consumer Affairs

at (877) 254-4729 or by mail to 7401 Security Way, Houston, Texas 77040.

Models: GDT, GMT, GMNT, GDS8, GHS8, GMV8, GMS8, GMS9, GCS9, GCV9 and GMV9

LIMITED WARRANTY

Owner Name

Address of Installation

City/State/Zip

Installer Name

City/State/Zip

Phone # / Fax #

Distributor Name

City/State/Zip

Phone # / Fax #

Model # & Serial #

Installation Date

© 2004-2005 Goodman Manufacturing Company, L.P.

Air Conditioning & Heating

Part No. PW-327A

Printed in USA

01/05

This Limited Warranty is applicable for installations of the above-referenced model occuring on or after January 7, 2005.

Reply to
AKS

And you cheap f*ck...you probably take YOUR steak to HOSS's or local steak house and ask them to cook it medium well and throw a potato and salad on the side Yours truly J L Bayer & Co

44 years in the business and just walked away from a customer the other day when they got their laptop out and showed me the furnace they wanted to buy off the internet and have my me install it..............along with me engineering everything GOODBYE
Reply to
daytona°

I got a call from a fellow about two years ago. He had bought a condensing unit and A-coil, and finally hit some point where he figured he didn't quite have the skills. I went out and wrapped up the job for him, some sheet metal, sweat, and so on.

Couple days later, not cooling. I found the leak, coming from the evaporator. Told him the cost for repairs. Go buy me another coil. It will be about three hours, plus five pounds of refrigerant. He wasn't happy with the concept. But that's the way it goes. He supplied the parts, he accepted all the risk if the parts were bad.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Reply to
Steve Scott

please link me to the ebay auction you won. thanks,

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

EXACTLY! Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

I don't think this will stand up if someone actually took goodman to court over it. You can't selectively warranty something based on the retail vehicle of distribution. And it is wholesalers that are selling them over the internet. How will goodman figure out which unit went out the door and which went out the internet? The guy is probably right, if the local service guy submits the part for warrenty it will probably be honored. After all goodman doesn't have any history on the machine past the wholesaler. They would have to stop honoring the warranty on everything that wholesaler gets and that would be like saying don't bother buying our product. This is just their out when joe blow homeowner calls and wants a part and lets it slip that he bought the unit over the internet.

At first it was mostly goodman/janitrol but now you can get just about any brand you want over the > This heating or air conditioning product is warranted by Goodman >

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Reply to
Bubba

Ever heard of a reciept?? If the name on the original purchase reciept is

*NOT* a licensed, bonded, insured, contractor, then your already hosed. If the guy who installed it is not a licensed, bonded, insured, technician/contractor, your hosed even worse. Are permits and inspections required in you area?? If they are and you or your installer didn't, you broke the law.

The guy is probably right, if the local service guy submits the part for warrenty it will probably be honored. After all goodman doesn't have any history on the machine past the wholesaler. They would have to stop honoring the warranty on everything that wholesaler gets and that would be like saying don't bother buying our product.

There is a wholesaler here that did just that... they dumped the Goodman line about 10 years ago

This is just their out when joe blow homeowner calls and wants a part and lets it slip that he bought the unit over the internet.

unless the wholesaler asks for the original purchase reciept. They do that here if your not a *KNOWN* contractor, or tech.

At first it was mostly goodman/janitrol but now you can get just about any brand you want over the internet.

very true.... I just straightened out a mess that the homeowner got bent over and not kissed afterwards. They had to pay an additional $1400 to get the mess fixed *AFTER* they paid the fines from not having a permit.

the got a Trane!!!

AKS wrote:

Reply to
Noon-Air

James; I be honest I have no idea I took they page copy and paste from Goodman web Dido