Books on air conditioning and heat pumps

I am interested in increasing the efficiency of a central air conditioner system. Does anyone have any recommendations on books that have information on geothermal system design.
I feel I am fully qualified to do any work that is required as I once built a fence and have installed water faucets.
Dan
snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

Aren't you the same guy that invented the finger in the light socket fireworks display?

EPA license holder?

Do I really need an EPA license to buy a book?
Dan

Hey Dumbass, re-read your post... specifically this quote:
"I feel I am fully qualified to do any work that is required as I once built a fence and have installed water faucets."
So as I see it... you want to do the work. Otherwise, *why* would you have included this comment?

Sorry it is an inside joke. Some of the people here will get it. It isn't as if building a fence and installing a water faucet have much to do with HVAC.
Dan
On Aug 26, 2:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@krl.org wrote:

I really do not get it. I ask for recommendations on books and absolutely no one has any recommendations. No positive recommendations, no negative recommendations.
It is not as if I am asking how to do something. And it isn''t as if I am going to go into business and compete with any of you. I am retired and find I don't want to work hard. I have too much fun doing things in my shop. Doesn't anyone here have any good or bad books.
I rummaged around on the internet and found a site that has pretty good information an ground source heat pumps. It is http://www.geo4va.vt.edu/indexGeo4VA.htm And I can take courses at the local community/ tech college at pretty much no cost since I am over sixty. But I would still like to have a good book or two that people in the trade think are worth having.
Maybe if I recommend a book someone will respond.
If you want to know more about nothing, then I recommend
     A User's Guide to Vacuum Technology (ISBN: 0471016241) John F. O'Hanlon
Dan
Have you worked on HVAC equipment, already?
The nice thing about geothermal, the condensor temps can be a lot lower than the temp of the outdoor air. Water cooled centrifugal condensor is a good thing. You also need less alki foam to keep it clean.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus