boiler selection

I am in the process of quoting (oil fired, baseboards) boiler replacement. The house is 1700 square feet colonial.
So far I have quotes from two companies. One installs Burnham, another Well-McLain. There are so many of EnergyStar rated boilers out there.... .... What would be the best in terms of reliability, value, maintenance, noise? What do professionals think? Thanks! Michael
both are good boilers , installation matters more than brand name , call around find the co, with good refernces
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The house is 1700 square feet colonial.orSo far I have quotes from two companies. One installs Burnham, anothergWell-McLain.@There are so many of EnergyStar rated boilers out there....0.....bWhat would be the best in terms of reliability, value, maintenance,

The best ones are those that are installed by *COMPETENT*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technicians. Its not about price, its about top quality installation done by a Master Craftsman.

As others have said, the installer is more important than the brand.
We have installed both along with several other brands. If it was my house, I would go with the Weil McLain. If you do not use it for domestic hot water (and just use it for heat), I would ask the guy about the Weil McLain Ultra Oil. More efficient than the regular and a lot quieter.
http://www.weil-mclain.com/products/displaypro/14-Ultra%20oil?show atures
And no, I do not work for them. Just have had a lot of happy customers.
We like putting stuff in that we don't have to work on, and if we do, we like them to be EASY to work on.....
Dr. Hardcrab posted for all of us...

This reminds me anyone heard from Poppy Plank lately???

Are you saying *I* remind you of Poppy Plank?
Dem's FIGHTIN' words....
Dr. Hardcrab posted for all of us...

..
Actually the subject made me think of him. No, you remind me of someone else. -- Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.