Boiler BTUs, how to calculate?

Once I saw a do-it-yourself form at Home Depot that I would fill out with information I would take from measuring windows, room size, etc. and them calculate how many BTUs the new boiler should be. Where can I find something like that? Thank you

Ah,,, I'll take a shot at this.
Home Depot???
Do I win??

http://www.ejbdotcom.net/content/10033.html
geojr wrote:

You can get fromulas here, www.hvactalkforum.com

I immediately get a "Site Spy" warning popup when I go to that site. NOT GOOD!
And it's got more ads than Carter has liver pills.
I hate sites that try to install spyware with a purple passion.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

daytona wrote:

http://www.hvactalkforum.com /

One horsepower is only about 2542 BTU/hr. A kilowatt is almost 3413 BTU/hr. But a "boiler horsepower" is 33,479 BTU/hr.
Watch out with those BTU ratings, when converting!
The term is archaic now, but you might run into it from time to time. It's a kickback to the heyday of steam engines (locomotives), where typical efficiency was less than 8 percent. You needed to burn 33,479 BTU worth of fuel to get one horsepower-hour to the wheels. Thank God for Diesel-Electric!
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 15:44:59 -0700, ~^Johnny^~

But yes, HP can get quite twisted sometimes.

-zero

I stand corrected.
I must be getting old. I'm having quite a few senior moments.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:34:33 -0700, ~^Johnny^~ <> wrote:

Well, not to worry.
I've heard it said that as we age, it's OK to constantly forget where you left your car keys. It's when you forget what your car keys are for,,,THAT"S when you have a problem. <g>
-zero
Boiler?..... what kind of system hot water,radiant steam, hot water with cast iron radiators?? Most of the time there is more to consider than just the heat loss.
On 8 Jul 2006 22:09:23 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net wrote:

If you are going to reply to posts in here then please at least put a snippet of what you are replying to in your post.
Unless you own a skysraper or an arena I don't think you will need to convert BTU's to horse power. You probbably only need 2-6 horsepower. I don't think cleaver brooks makes one that small(ha ha)
Unless you have horses, then we need to know the count per head...........count the feet and divide by 4