Best way to seal up 2 pvc pipes going thru an existing 8" dia. roof cap (??)

I have an existing 8" roof opening which the previous 65% gas furnace and water heater was vented thru . The last owner abandoned both and went with electric furnace and electric water heater...and simply placed an 8" sheetmetal cap over the roof opening .

I want to install a 95% gas furnace requiring two 2" dia. PVC Pipes (intake and exhaust) and would like to utilize the present 8"roof opening . I could cut two seperate holes thru the existing cap , or, is it better to use one rubber roof jack for both pipes to go thru if such a thing is offered ? I want to have it sealed good against the elements.

Your help is appreciated.

Reply to
ilbebauck

2 words....... concentric vent
Reply to
Steve

2 more words HVAC Contractor
Reply to
PaxPerPoten

A licensed HVAC Contractor, not some hack like Dave in Lake Villa or Dave in Illinois....

Reply to
ken

Bingo-matic ! Thanks.

Reply to
ilbebauck

Sounds like a "Dave" fetish to me.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten

Well since it stands for Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning, it is five words, six if you count the minor word "and".

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

Ain't that some shit...

Reply to
Steve

Wrong thread - get that shit out of here.

Reply to
.p.jm.

Apparently I have been undercharging as I failed to charge all 5 or 6. But on the A/C part I have been charging to sub cooling mostly.

Reply to
PaxPerPoten