Best distributors in Cincinnati

Hey guys, anyone know the best priced distributors in Cincinnati? I'm looking to get some a replacement compressor, run motor capacitor and a few other odds and ends.

thanks!

Reply to
utbrod40

if you were in the trade , you wouldnt have to ask

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'mÿlooking to get some a replacement compressor, run motor capacitor and

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy

Try Grainger they sale to general public

Reply to
Tony

Yeah....that's the problem

Reply to
daytona°

Grainger doesn't support the trade. When is the last time you saw them putting on a class? Ones that violate that "Wholesale only" sign on the door. F'em.

Johnstone here is a mutt that does it. And anyone who buys from the big box stores is a moron. You're shooting yourself in the ass if you do. When all the legit wholesalers are gone. You'll be in isle 14 asking the

18 year old for technical advice.

Here's one that went belly up.

Bill

Absofuckinlootly. Just as soon as you show us the secret handshake.

You buy those from a contractor. Or you need a state license and a local registration otherwise. A permit if necessary. And of course the federal paperwork done and sent in after taking your EPA test telling them the number of trucks and models of recovery machines you have. You do have a recovery machine and tank? Torches, a vacuum pump, gauges, thermometer, meter, tubing tools, etc right?

The HVAC trade is federally, state and locally regulated. I resent any SOB who thinks he can bypass the hoops we have to jump through to do our job. I'd have mentioned the untrained or half-assed hacks or DIY'ers but most of them don't bother to read the installation instructions much less a newsgroup.

Reply to
Bill

Bill what in hell you talking about, in my area Grainger is open to anyone however those that have open account with resale certificate and being in business do have different price and that isn't just Grainger but some other larger suppliers of HVAC systems So please don't talk out of your bottom end. Tony

Reply to
Tony

So why would you buy from them?

Reply to
Bill

You going way overboat there are many things that should be but are not there are many things that could be but are not there are many things that are but they should not be So who are you or am I to say otherwise that is life and this is democracy? Tony

Reply to
Tony

I could tell you.......but then Id have to kill ya. Your welcome. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Ignore the laws and regulations? Are you stupid or a hack? I may not like them. But it's not fair some play by the rules and others short circuit them. I'd argue you get rights with responsibility. Irresponsibility is why we have most of the laws and rules we do have. Thanks to the explosions a few years ago in California. The gas laws restrict what everyone can and can't do. And on and on. Deal with it.

Wholesalers perform services for contractors that retailers do not. Standing in line behind a knothead and his wife while they figure out what they think they want may be your idea of doing business, it isn't mine.

Reply to
Bill

Bill you are not telling me something that I don't know but there are lot of scum bags out there that will gave you there own mother to take job way from you I know I have first hand experience in there, they call you for service and then they call back thank you we was able to do it our self What F___ joke but that is the way is I suppose they have stock of R-502 or R-13 which cost $3000.00, 20# jug O yeh if you want blive that. Believe me all states are not same. Let me gave you example there is company here in NJ I have been service them for years they are located about

20 minutes from where I am. I have never had any problem with them never complains because they was nice to me I even work Saturdays few times with no additional charges day came that old guard retire now new young stud took over and instead continue customer vendor relation now he is using guy from five ours way if needs to stay overnight he needs to be paid for motel meals ETC. Do you think that this guy is following same rules as did? Sorry but that is the way system works!
Reply to
Tony

I told the people at our Johnstone distributor .... if you want to loose my business and 2 other HVAC contractors business...just keep selling to every Tom, Dick and Harry coming in off the street...I hope they spend over

150,000 a year here

No more sells to street people

And a sign in the store to tell them

Reply to
daytona°

I haven't been in the one here in years. I'll never go in there again. And I bad mouth them every chance I get.

At least until they take the "Wholesale only" sign off the door. The lying SOB's.

Reply to
Bill

True but the ones who shortcut the system need F'd over. And a big glass of shit tea to gargle with.

Reply to
Bill

Bill;

In California [at least] Grainger's is an "Industrial Supplier" and not necessarily a "wholesaler" or even an HVAC/R supplier.

Johnstone on the other hand has perpetually figured out that "wholesaler" means just that. And recently [in my area anyway] they have stop selling appliance parts. [Washer, dryers, dishwashers, etc.] They're now only selling HVAC supplies. Which is going to be interesting to say the least.

There's a considerable market of "wholesale HVAC" in my area.

Reply to
Zephyr

Yes, I am fallowing all the rules Tony.

HEE HEE

Barry

Reply to
Barry

yes Barry I know that you do but we are not the only ones that service env.chambers I know few of them. stay cool if you can? Tony

Reply to
Tony

Johnstone here in Sw Wa, nor Portland Or. still wont f****ng sell to me.

Don't forget they main store is in / and started out in Portland.

My take is that they are simply losing business because they local sales are anal retentave--trying to maintain a monopoly in todays economy is suicide.

Fuckem I say, let em die a slow painful death what with stocking a wharehouse of shit I can get direct from the source and what with their collecting their recievables at 60+days if they are lucky.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski