Belted Motors

What is the effect on the cfm when you downsize a residential blower belt. Does it increase or decrease it? At 2:00 AM, I had to use a 41 inch belt to replace a 42. The amp draw was right on, and the tension bar was fully extended with the 42", which leads me to beleive it was originally a 41.
--
Respectfully, Bob

The only change in cfm occurs when you change a pulley size or motor rpm.
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 14:28:09 GMT, "Bob_Loblaw"

--
One should not act and speak as if one
were asleep.

length of belt has nuthin to do with rpm & cfm. changing pulley size does.
snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote

I couldn't envision WHY the pulleys would react differently to varying lengths, but I wasn't sure. I thought I remembered something from long ago about it altering rpm in some way, but couldn't figure how it would. Thanks guys! OK, NOW I think it's safe to say that I know everything.... :-)
--
Respectfully, Bob

"Bob_Loblaw" wrote:

cool.
when do you know its time to change the pulley and not just the belt? :)
When Colonel Sanders crosses the road instead of the chicken.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Bob, Did you use a night time belt with flourescent coating or just a plain daytime rubber belt? At 2:00 AM you should have used the night time flourescent coated belt. Hopefully you used the pulley expander and blower wheel strecher to properly install it? Dont forget to coat the vanes of the wheel with whale sperm. This will produce better air flow.
Sorry Bob, I couldnt resist. There will be no change in blower cfm unless the old belt was very stretched and loose and the new belt was put on tight. Then you would get a slight increase in blower speed/cfm due to the slippage of the old one. Bubba

Whale Sperm?
Where are you getting that stuff these days?
HAHAHA
Those damn belted motors are tricky!
uhuh is the fan blowing the right way bobby?
LOL
-Canadian Heat
Well, that's something to check for. Might have the belt on backwards.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.