Beckett CB151UL Condensate Pump

Page 1 of 2
Hi,
I am trying to trouble shoot a Beckett CB151UL condensate pump. I found a pool of water next to my furnace and I suspect it is from the condensate pump. The water level in the reservoir was fairly high, close to the brim.
I do not have experience working with pumps but while the pump was on I removed the clip connecting the hose and there was enough pressure for the water to shoot out like a fountain. I was able to put the tube back and the duckbill value correctly.
I have turned off my AC, and manually poured water into the reservoir. This started the pump but I don't see it pumping the water out (I did see it pumping water out before I removed the tube).
I would appreciate if someone can help explain the puddle of water and why I the pump is not pumping water out of the reservoir? Also, is there a owner's manual/troubleshooting manual I can locate online? What other checks can I do?
Thanks.
On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 22:56:51 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A condensate pump is a VERY simple machine. If you cant troubleshoot something as simple as it, you should carefully BACK AWAY from the machine. Bubba

It only has 2 moving parts and apparently its beyond your comprehension. Maybe the next check should be the one you write to the tech you gonna call.

Your welcome

is the hose clogged?
Mark, I don't think the hose is clogged, but I'll take a look at the portion which goes into the crawl space to verify the hose is ok down there. The water level in the output hose rises a little bit but I don't see it being pumped out. Its as though the pump is not pumping the water out even though I can hear the pump running. I did not want to unscrew the pump and disconnect the hose. But it seems that might be the next step.
Thanks for providing guidance.
Mark wrote:

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 08:41:51 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You've got to be kidding that you dont have the comprehension on how to get a rubber/vinyl hose off of a barbed plastic fitting to see if the problem is at the pump or the hose? How do you get by in your daily life? How do you know how to brush your teeth in the morning? Pittfull, just plain pittifull Bubba

I would suggest that you call a HVAC company, if you can't troubleshoot a simple pump without making the situation worst.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did you drop a quarter in the coin slot?

Do you have a dog?
and

Open up the pump, inside will be a brass tube that goes down toward the bottom. At the bottom it flares out. That wide section is where the impeller is. The bottom portion below the impeller is usually connected to the main body with 6 or so bolts and a gasket.
Note: On the newer pumps, everything is plastic, but if you have one of the older pumps that still has brass... see below.
Over time the bolts rust and fall off, or the gasket falls apart. The perimeter that the gasket seals must be 100% sealed, if not the impeller can't pump water as good, and what happens is the pump just runs forever, and it can't get enough lift pressure, then the motor overheats and the unit shuts off, it fills with water, etc.,.
Its actually easy to repair, but to be honest, I would buy a newer plastic one. A new 460V becket condensate pump is like $380, less for 230/208V.
-John
On Jul 1, 1:56am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

That's nice, but the "Beckett CB151UL condensate pump" is a 120 V model.

IIRC "lift" has absolutely nothing at all to do with submerged pumps, your refrence to "lift pressure" above apparently being something you've pulled out of your ass...instead, the distance above the water surface is what ismore important here, iow you have the resultant pressure of gravity caused by a static water collumn--which is added to your system pressure...the resultant value being referred to as "total head pressure"

ai had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Beckett-CB151UL-Condensate-Pump-33417-.htm : Good morning. It is a shame when home owners look to the web for some basic info re: CB151, and those in the know can only be sarcastic. Once you've disconnected the pump and taken it apart, try flushing the chamber with a mixture of vinegar and water. Aggitate left and right, trying not to wet the electronics. Rinse. If this doesn't take care of it as it did for me, then you have to look into replacing seal. At any point, if you have no luck, look into calling for help. I don't think the members here are looking to help, only to chastise you for not hiring one of their kind. The days of helping an inquiring homeowner died on the prairie.
------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.hvac - 25054 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
ai wrote:

That's only because they have a family to feed and a house payment, which from what I can tell, most people aren't sending in as of late.
--
Zyp

replying to Zyp, MultiMeter wrote: cmon guys, you who are giving him a hard time for diagnosing his own pump, and btw, ive seen more inclined individuals have less of clue ...anyway, if youre relying on a condensate pump to feed your family, or pay your mortgage, maybe YOU arent cut out for the job. If you were any good, you wouldnt be scared of a diy homeowner, cuz youd be covered up in work. Boom, drop the mic... Now I'VE got work to do
go fuck yourself! Hacks not allowed. Take the idiot Mormon with you.
On 7/16/2016 5:44 PM, MultiMeter wrote:

--
"...I am committed against every thing which in my judgement, may
weaken, endanger, or destroy [The constitution]...and especially against
PaxPerPoten wrote:

Don't worry about him folks, he's just a single *****, and we out-number it 5000 to 1 or more. He (or she?) makes posts like that all the time.

On 7/17/2016 12:21 AM, Bill wrote:

Between you and Stormie...Which one is the wife...Or do you take turns?
--
"...I am committed against every thing which in my judgement, may
weaken, endanger, or destroy [The constitution]...and especially against
replying to PaxPerPoten, MultiMeter wrote: The only thing im hacking is all my scap from my full 7 day work week... -Mortgage Paid - Check -Family fed- Check -Condensate pumps that made it for me: 0 - Stayed busy because of word of mouth customers that I treated with respect, didnt insult or act like like an ignorant redneck. Bubba: "hey how u even brush your teeth"? You cant even spell "pitiful" and you tried twice.. Bill: somethin tells me you struggle with most everything, but its never your fault. Generally when your initial response is "Fuck You" , you dont have many repeat customers ...and nothing is ever your fault. You can call me a hack all you like, i can out service, out diagnose, out install at least 98% of technicians and installers; im pretty sure of that because i have real life awards for "Installer of the Year, 2011", "Service Technician of the year 2015"- at a business that has over 100 installation crews, and 300 service techs. Coming to a city near you, very soon, to buy up the good businesses, and dry up the crappy ones. Which side will you be on?
On 7/18/2016 6:44 AM, MultiMeter wrote:

Dream on...You and the overweight Mormon are a good match. No mortgage here! Have licensed business in 3 states. we delegate your kind to the failing Home moaners web page that brought you here. Usually keep an eye on your kind as you like to skim our customers for yourself. That is why you are soooo into home moaners... grab up their business with no liability while legitimate companies paying scale and Benefits have to be liable. Hell, your not even enterprising enough to build your own News group. How much insurance have you procured...None!! I thought so. I have time to internet if I wish...You do too, as obviously your not working! ;-p