Bard furnace going into "lockdown" mode

The Bard only heats the master bedroom fortunately as it is about -1F here right now... and snowing. Anyway, yesterday the furnace did not come on in the morning as it is programmed to do. I checked the filter. Clean.

If I turn the circuit breaker off then on again the furnace starts right up. Oddly, the breaker is not tripping.

And the Trane furnace (which heats the rest of the house) right next to the Bard is working perfectly.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Reply to
russschell

Shitcan the Bard.....Get another Trane.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Yeah, well ideas or suggestions other than that obvious one!

Reply to
russschell

Call a HVAC repairman?

Reply to
<kjpro

Look for LED lights that might tell you what&#39;s going on. Sounds like a system lockout. Could be about 10 different things. Start by making sure the filter is clean. If it&#39;s direct vent, make sure the pipes are clear outside.

Other then that, you&#39;ll have to tell me what the furnace is doing before it locks out.

-Canadian Heat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

You really are a brain child... why don&#39;t you read his ORIGINAL post...

"I checked the filter. Clean."

I guess he should check them again... HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It wouldn&#39;t help, you wouldn&#39;t be able to read and comprehend that post either.... HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Anymore clever ideas there EINSTEIN?

LOL

Reply to
<kjpro

"Sounds like a system lockout" What a genius you are Danger. The system quits working and he has to reset the power. Sounds like a system lockout. Wow! What gave you that idea Canuck? You must be a mind reader.

"Make sure the filter is clean" Wow oh Wow! Another brilliant guess. You are truely a wonder "hackman DANgER" . Dirty filters? Who would have thought??? I wonder if the OPS statement about ALREADY checking the filter gave you a clue? You are the biggest brain dead mother fucker on the face of this planet. You have truely won the DARWIN of the month award. I think I&#39;ll nominate you for the year. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

it appears all of alt.hvac has plonked the s*****ad from canada........except you and bubba.

i guess I wont be reading much of your posts either as long as you insist on quoting that cocksucker.

besides, my orchids are blooming & I&#39;ve got better things to be doing...

Reply to
gofish

your bard probably has an electronic ignition controller that goes into lockout after 3 attempts to light the pilot. resetting the brkr resets the lockout module. Apparently things work when things are warm, dont work when cold, cool or perhaps damp/moist/wet.

Might be a grounding issue on flame sense.

Reply to
gofish

Fine! Take all the fun away. :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Those can be quite finnickey to propagate.

Got any pictures ?

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

absolutely! my all time fav is one called Zygopetalum mackayi, the flowers usually last 45-60 days. blooms 2x yearly. One of the most fragrant orchids available. verrry easy to grow.

Reply to
gofish

At our December nursery org banquet this year we gave a "Lifetime Achievement Award" to a local fellow who has been growing /breeding Iris for nearly 1/2 a century, but few realize that for about the past decade or so, he has been mainly been doing orchids--so if your REALLY into them then suggest maybe get ahold of these folks :

Admittedly, his website kinda sucks...but don&#39;t let that fool you--he&#39;s definately an expert in the field.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

"Jeffrey Lebowski" wrote i

I have to admit, I know nothing about flowers...what is it about orchids that is so special? Are they hard to grow?

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Water them only once inna blue moon, frow em inna to raw bark, maybe add a tiny bit of sand...

Watch for temp and humidity extremes and above all keep your fingers crossed....( and your butthole puckered )--cause if your going commercial then you can very easily lose all your investment inna f****ng heartbeat.

Reply to
Jeffrey Lebowski

Generally speaking, some *very specific* enviromental controls are an absolute must...

FWIW : we have kinda specialized in these :

for the past few years...some hybrids possibly coming up soon ( takes about a 4 year cycle to flowering, usually )...

Here&#39;s a photo of a natural colony of the native "Oregonum" subspecies--growing here at the ole homestead :

Jeffrey Lebowski

how sad. Last summer I & a buddy were hiking at the 9500&#39; elevation in the Eastern Sierra&#39;s. He wanted to know what I was taking pictures of. Once I pointed out the incredible display of wildflowers, it was like a whole new world opening up for him. What an incredible diversity of mother nature. Out there enjoying the hike and missing

95% of everything.

read about whats so special with orchids:

some species, like cymbidiums are extremely easy to grow. If you can grow a lawn, you can grow cymbidiums. Sometimes the flower spikes will be 24" long, with multiple spikes per plant. 15-30 blooms per spike. flowers last 60-75days. get in with something easy to grow, gain confidence.

"Orchids get their name from the Greek orchi, meaning "testicle""

Reply to
gofish