auto shutoff or just compressor off.. two kenmore models (7800 vs 6000 btu) ; quietest unit?

I found this 7800 btu model:

And this 6000 btu model ($50 more):
I'm confused, based on one review on the 6000 btu unit, it sounds like this unit actually completely shuts off when the temperature is reached, vs the 7800 btu unit, where only the compressor shuts off..

Do they both do the same thing, or is the more expensive one capable of shutting off completely.. the specs dont really say..

I think in terms of noise they are about the same, or maybe there is another brand that is even quieter and has auto shutoff/compressor shutdown at given temperature as well?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Reply to
markm75

Can't say for sure, but...

Many, perhaps most, window shakers these days have a switch letting you choose between "just cycle the compressor" and "cycle both the compressor and teh fan".

A couple of the better ones also keep the fan going for a short time, with a few offering a lower speed, when the compressor turns off. And similarly, they'll ramp the fan on first before the compressor. This both reduces the initial power "hit", so to speak, when turning on, and also reduces the noise jolt.

Reply to
danny burstein