any problems with bypass humidifier and variable speed furnace blower

I'm in the Canadian prairies...cold and dry in winter. I'm looking at getting a whole house humidifier (using a big console one currently, getting tired of cleaning the basin). I've got a two-stage gas furnace with a variable speed blower. (Armstrong 95V, if it matters.)
I've read a few opinions online that it's better not to use a bypass humidifier with variable speed blowers due to it confusing the CFM sensor in the furnace, and that a powered fan style should be used instead. Is there any basis to this?
Also...the temperature-based humidity control seem to turn the humidity way down with low temperatures. At -20F they're dropping the humidity down to 15%. That's crazy...you may as well not have a humidifier. Health Canada recommends 30% humidity at low temperatures. Also, with high quality windows and well insulated walls condensation is less of an issue. Are there any temperature compensated humidistats that let you set the minimum to more reasonable values?
Thanks,
Chris
Brothers Heating had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/any-problems-with-bypass-humidifier-and-variable-speed-furna-39007-.htm : My best advise is to install manufacturer specified humidifier. Some of the manufacturers might void warranty if other manufacturer's accesories are attached to their products.
Chris Friesen wrote:

------------------------------------- BROTHERS HEATING \"You can rely on our dependability\" www.BrothersHeating.com snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
You really should invest in a news reader, and a usenet account.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus