any opinions on this heat pump situation?

the run winding on my heat pump compressor failed and is completely open (zero resistance). it is one year and seven months out of the 10 year compressor warranty. contacted the local business who originally installed the system and asked for quotes on (1) replacing the compressor versus (2) replacing the entire outdoor unit. total price for replacing the compressor (about $1200) versus replacing the entire outdoor unit (about $1900).
at these prices, i prefer replacing the entire outdoor unit. but, since the business no longer is an approved dealer to install the original brand, they want to install a different brand of outdoor unit, to be used with the original brand of indoor unit.
my question is: is it wise to run a different brand of outdoor heat pump, than is the brand of the indoor air handler?
this is a residential, single phase, air cycle, split system, heat pump.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

replying to infoforme121 , stan wrote:

Replacing the outdoor unit with a different manufacturer's unit is not a problem provided the replacement matches the existing capacity ratings. With that said, if the existing unit is a refrigerant 22 system I would highly recommend replacing the entire system with a new refrigerant R-410A system.
replying to infoforme121 , stanhvac1 wrote:

Using a different manfacturer's equipment is not a problem as long as the capacity ratings are the same. I assume you have a Trane unit now. If the existing unit is a refrigerant 22 system I would highly recommend replacing the entire system with a new refrigerant 410A system.
--
Stan Chaney HVACR
Commercial Refrigeration & HVAC
On Friday, January 31, 2014 6:39:16 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'd either replace the compressor only or replace the entire outside unit and the inside unit as well with an 410a system.