And you found WHAT in the furnace?

Another look into my life =======================

A couple weeks ago, a firned of mine had a kitten which fell into the heater duct. She called the fire department, who came out and took the duct apart. And left it in pieces. I got to put it back together.

Well, she called again. Thinks a different cat went downt he duct (from second floor bathroom, no less). I'm out the door to rescue the cat. ths time without fail we screw some covers over the duct, to cover the vent. Or maybe staple some screen or something like that.

====================== Figuring this was another one of the same, I took apart the same duct I'd put back together the last time. No signs of cat, in the seven inch round duct. I followed that back to the furnace, there was a patch piece of metal over where there used to be a humidifier. So, I started to take that apart. I looked in as best possible, no cat. Went out to the truck and got my miror, and used that to look into the heat exchanger, and back through the duct. No cat.

Gwen asked if the cat might be in the heater. Not likely, but I did pull the cover panel off. No cat by the burners. I pulled the lower panel, which exposed the circuit board, and the blower fan. Look in with my mini mag, and surprise!

Cat looking back at me.... and blast, I didn't have my camera with me. That was a total Kodak moment.

I talked to the cat for a moment, and Gwen came over. She was pleased the cat was still alive. She reached in, and pulled the cat out. They went upstairs to get the cat a drink of water, and some to eat.

I put the furnace covers back on, and also the duct back together. I'd brought some screen wire to staple over the vents. And screwed shut a part of the vent that was open, in the back. Hope not to do this again.

Glad the cat lived to tell.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Curiosity!...did the cat get a chance to go for a ride? Dizzy little shit

Reply to
daytona°

Every serviceman's dream; a little pussy at the end of the job.

Reply to
Chilled

I don't think the cat was in the blower while it was running. But, it sure did better than most ammusement parks.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That's for sure. Reminding me of the Johny Carson thing I saw on tape a couple days ago. When one of his guests had a cat on her lap. She asked if Johny would like to pet her pussy. And Johny said.......

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:NKN7h.20283$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.nyroc.rr.com:

nope. never happened. snopes.com

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

ive pulled char'd birds, mice, and squirrels from coleman mobile home heat exchangers.

.......i guess they were just looking for somewhere warm....and found it. :-)

Reply to
Nathan In Montana

I found a pair of panties wrapped around a blower shaft this summer. I think I posted in here about it.

Reply to
Al Moran

Well, when I watched it on the video tape, it was a guest telling Johny about something he was supposed to have said. I didn't check snopes.

got me. Thanks for the correction.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Like cats under the hoods of cars.....

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That would be the Monica Special?

1) Remove Panties. 2) Blows fine. 3) You did not have sex with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. 4) Stall, stall, delay, delay, deny deny. 5) It depends on the definition of "is".
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

yeah, but you said they were so big. that couldn't have made you too warm (unless you dig fat chicks). I know a few guys that prefer fat chicks; guess they can take advantage of every fold in the fat. Chris?

Reply to
DIMwit

They were f****ng huge.

Reply to
Al Moran

The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Reply to
DIMwit

How did the cat dial the phone?

PS- I don't believe your story. Admit it....You just made it up to get attention.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

They don't have grills on their ducts?? WTF???

I can only figure one way for the cat to get into the blower compartment.... is from the RA side. I can see how a cat could get to the furnace from the supply side, and around the HX, but there is no way a cat or kitten could make it past the blower wheel(without being strained through) to get into the blower compartment unless it got in from the cold air return.

Nice try, but.... I call BULLSHIT!!!!

Reply to
Noon-Air

We're promised that in the resurrection we'll have our perfect form. So, there are a lot more important things to consider, more imprtant than body weight.

Compassion, spiritual development, intelligence, humility, and sensetivity to the Spirit are all more important than body size.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually, the woman's father (now deceased) was a sheet metal worker. The fact that he's now dead doesn't mean he was any good at it when he was alive.

The vent that goes into the bathroom and the one bedroom aparently never had a vent cover. The bedroom side, the sheet metal stuck out on the one side about an inch from the wall. I pounded it down a bit to staple screen wire over the vent.

At least one floor vent was off, cause some of the church folks were redoing the floor. She put it back as best she could, and put some furniture on it. There was one other hole in the duct behind the furnace.

While I was taking the panning off the old humidifier hole, I was being tangled in cobwebs. I reached for something to pull em down, and found a spun glass filter that had been ripped. I used that to pull down some cobwebs.

She kept asking "could he be in the heater"? She didn't tell me till later that she pulled the filter to look in, and the filter came out torn (she put a new one in, blonde moment?).

That's as best I can figure, the cat came in the return side, fell down the duct, and clawed his way through the spun glass filter.

I sure was wishing for a camera at that moment. I had one in the truck, but figured get the cat out was more important. Sorry you don't believe me. I just write what happens, you choose if you want to believe it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

When I was in HVAC school, we used to put roadkill skunks in th eengin compartment or strapped to the cat converter

Reply to
Bob Pietrangelo