Alternate Air Duct Cleaning?

Dear Group -
My husband and I just purchased a 1960s home whose previous tenants included at least 10 cats. All the money we have we're pumping into resurfacing and sealing floors and walls to get the smell out and make the home liveable. We realized this week that there is no way we can afford a $300+ bill to get the air ducts cleaned right now.
Is there any other way we can do something similar on our own until we can afford to get this done?Right now all of the air ducts are plastered with cat hair and the best we can come up with is to use and air vac and just suck out as much as we can.
Any ideas for two housepoor newlyweds who are both allergic to cat fur?
Monica

you bought my first wifes house??

Thats about the size of it

Save your money because *most* of the time, if the ducts are bad enough to need cleaned, they should probably be replaced.

Post some pics of your tits and we'll take up a collection.

I was going to answer but it seems Paul and Oscar already gave you my two answers. :-) You bought a house, pumping all kinds of money into it and you cant afford $300 for a repair? Thats the lamest fucking excuse I've heard in quite some time. Now get crackin and post some pics of your tits. Bubba Bubba