alki or acidy

I do a lot of cleaning condensors. Alkaline coil cleaner has been working well. But, I've never tried the acid stuff.
What does everyone else like?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yep and you have to be more careful with it. It takes a lot of rinsing. I had one idiot use oven cleaner on a small condensing unit in a kitchen. It cleaned real well and he rinsed it off real good but got some of it into the box containing the electrical controls. I haven't used any acid based coil cleaner in years because the fumes bother me.
TDD
Fumes.... not a good thing. The alki tends to be choking, when the spray is set to a fine mist. So, I don't do that any more.
I did try oven cleaner on two condensors, today. The dollar a can stuff from Dollar Tree. Worked fine. The wide spray mist doesn't penetrate as well as the alki sprayer I use. But, it did clean the condensors nicely. I'll probably carry a couple cans as backup when I neglect to refil my alki foam.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I use Vapco HP Cleaner *ONLY* (page 12) http://www.vapcoproducts.com/catalogPDF/2006prodcatalog.pdf
Steve wrote:

I've used a lot of Vapco Foaminator and it does an excellent job.
TDD
Must work, if you're using it. I got some bio friendly stuff from Johnstone, that didn't do anything I could tell. I went back to Alki-Foam.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

pretend to be an ID10t