air handler line route

I have my air handler installed in my attic, my HVAC guy will be here next week to braze and do a nitrogen check and charge & set up the system, I am running the copper lines up in the attic to the air handler, is there a preference on routing the lines, I have the air handler on 2x4 on jack raising it up 3 1/2" plus the drain pan so I have good drain pitch, I have my choice going under the air handler to get to the lines on the air handler or come over the top and down. any preferences.
Chet

yes, correctly.
On 4/24/2010 6:04 PM, Steve wrote:

Steve,
I did not understand the answer. yes correctly what!!
Chet

Done correctly, there should be no fittings used... proper bends and those limitations, as well as where the TXV mounts are all considerations. Whether you run the lineset under or over, leave enough room to be able to remove, access, and clean/service the system....as well as being able to remove the coil, and or blower assemblies if required for repair/replacement.
On 4/24/2010 9:14 PM, Steve wrote:

Steve
Thanks and well explained, I do have a professional tube bending set, there will be no fittings, under or over I will still be able to get at the unit covers with no issues, the TXV is already mounted near the sloped insert in the air handler. the only fittings will be for the small filter that connects to the 3/8" line
thanks for your help
Chet

acbysean had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/air-handler-line-route-40961-.htm : If the lines come out of the top of the air handler then run the lines over the top, if the lines out of the air handler come out of the bottom run it under it. Try and keep the line set to the shortest length as possible. Chet wrote:

-------------------------------------
acbysean
Thanks for the prompt reply, shortest will be under the air handler over the air handler would be another 3-4 feet.
Chet
On 4/24/2010 6:10 PM, acbysean wrote:

On 4/24/2010 6:10 PM, acbysean wrote:

the lines come out the lower side, not underneath
Chet

Chet wrote:

Oil traps?
The circulating refrigerant has lubricating oil mixed in. So, a direct slope back to the compressor is better than over and down.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus