air conditioning system

I have a home air conditioning system which has a 1 ton ducharme condensor/compressor unit outside. I have misplaced the documentation and would like to know if, provided the power is off at the panel and at the unit disconnect.. I can oil the fan bearings? Is this better left to a maintenance person?
Also, I"ve heard that theres some type of stuff that is put on the fins to increase performance.. would anyone know what that is?

no yes
snake oil
sw wrote:

I usually leave skin.. ;-p