Air Conditioning Blow hot Air

Hello All,

I have an air conditioning unit that is about 10 yrs old. Last week, it stopped blowing out air all together, i went into the attic, checked the filter, tightly shut the door and then the unit started blowing out HOT AIR. The installer of the unit serviced it in 2007 for the motor replacement and checked the freon. He told me that the freon level was at least half full (not sure if this is useful information). Is there something else that I can check for before allowing the service man to come? Thanks.

Reply to
DJW0104

Yeah, check with your friends, co-workers, neighbors, family, etc... for a competent service technician. As the one you have now is clueless... half full, his head must be half full of shit!

Reply to
KJPRO

I'm finding that people who can.... do. People who can't..... ask questions on usenet groups. I suspect it's time for you to call the service company.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Why are you not asking more questions...

Reply to
KJPRO

First let me say that your 2nd response was on point! I honestly have resigned to the fact that i am going to have to bring in the pros. I was hoping for advice other than calling in the pros, something that i could check like freezing or the filter, or something. I just bit $450. last year on the motor and wanted to save on the service call fee of 100 bucks to tell me something simple that i may have been able to trouble shoot. Thanks.

Reply to
DJW0104

It's not simple, and you really shouldn't be 'troubleshooting.' Good luck ....

Reply to
Zyp

into the hot attic!

Reply to
DJW0104

My ass blows hot air when i fart. What's your point?

Reply to
What a maroon

It may well be something simple. But, we can't tell from here. What people don't recognize, is that troubleshooting is a skill that takes a while to develop. Even with internet web sites to read, most folks can't find all the problems. Some techs also can't find the problems. They fix one thing or the other, and then dash off to the next call.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm also afraid of electricity. Which is good. Cause when a man gets casual, that's when he gets hurt.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah, but his system blew cold farts at some point in its life.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Yes, problem is, each "PROBLEM" will cost me the privilege of a house call s/c or 75 bucks per hour to poke around and find who knows what. I need to know enough that if a clown says, my freon is "half full" that i can retort, there is no such terminology....guess I will have to put aside some time to blog! Thanks.

Reply to
DJW0104

Stormy, Are you still talking/typing? Why do you insist on still parroting what others say? How many times do I have to tell you to go get that damn boulder and go bash your head in. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

So once again, let me spell this simple solution out for the 100th time. There should be NO reason anyone should have to worry about how much they are going to have to spend on an A/C repair. First off, find a company that charges a form of FLAT RATE PRICING. They will quote you a diagnostic fee to come out and DIAGNOSE your problem. If they send out a first year apprentice and it takes him 8 hrs to diagnose the problem, then Horray for you. You only pay for the diagnostic fee which they already quoted you over the phone when you called them. Once he gives you the diagnosis and what it will cost to repair it you then have a decision to make. You can:

1) Tell him to go away and pay the diagnostic fee 2) Tell him to go away and pay the diagnostic fee and do the repair yourself 3) Tell him to repair the problem and pay him when he is finished. When you go out to eat dinner do they give you a menu with no prices and make you worry through the whole meal what the price is going to be at the end? (The answer is no) So why should your A/C repair be any different? Bubba
Reply to
Bubba

Talking about yourself again... "Some techs also can't find the problems.".

Reply to
KJPRO