Adding air conditioning unit onto an existing Carrier furnace

Hi, I decided to add one this year. Where I live, we need only about 3 months light cooling a year at the most. Locally I can have Lennox, Carrier, York brand. I am really confused about things like SEER(most says 13-14 is OK for our area), R-22 vs. Puron, Noise level, outside unit foot print, etc.(smaller the better for me) So experts here, what would be your recommendations/suggestions in this case? My house is 2400 sqf 2 story with extreme insulation(R2000 spec). Also have a 12000 BTU cooler/heater in the sun room on main floor. TIA

13 OK 14 OK 15 OK 16 OK 17 OK 18 OK 19 OK R-22 OK but production will be limited starting 2010 Dont Know what Puron is. R410a Ok Costly now but will prob change Usually higher SEER is quieter. They are all a bigger footprint for the most part so get used to it. 10 Seer is gone gone gone. Get a $99 window unit.

13 is the minimum now

Its already been cut back once, with more cutbacks to follow http://www.epa.gov/ozone/title6/phaseout/hcfc.html

R410a

I meant the above comment as sarcasm. Im sick of the word Puron. Thats all customers know and its not. Its R410a. :-) Bubba

2400
Got any Freon? :-)

Go fish!!

Bubba, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. When the customer wants Puron, sell them Puron. Charge them accordingly. On the other hand, if they want R410a, you can sell that at a much lower rate than the Puron.
I got this nifty little magnetic decal that saya Puron. Slap it on a jug of 410a and presto-chango, the price per pound just doubled.
On Thu, 31 May 2007 00:01:45 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@gonefishin.net wrote:

Son of a biatch. Just when I thought I knew everything! :-) Bubba

"Puron"=manufacture name
Tony Hwang wrote:

Who cares dufus?