AC Unit Sound Ratings

Greetings, I am lining up for a new air conditioner. The Trane XL14i is boasting sound ratings of 76... Sound ratings are important enough to me to weigh heavily on my final decision. I have a choice of Carrier, Trane, or York.
I am having a 2-1/2 ton, with R410a Refrigerant...Puron as Carrier calls it...
Any suggestions on sound ratings or where I can get further information on this...I would like to see a sheet that lists all the manufacturers side by side with their sound ratings but this does not seem easy to find...
Steve

sound
by
Boasting about 76??????????
ICP R-410 Air Conditioners:
H4A4 series, 14 SEER, high fan 74 low fan 70
H4A3 series, 13 SEER, high fan 75 low fan 70
ICP R410 Heat Pumps:
H4H4 series, 14 SEER, high fan 74 low fan 69
H4H3 series, 13 SEER, high/low fan 73

Rheem 2 1/5 ton R-410A heat pump (with RHLL-HM3617J air handler) RPNL-030JAZ 15.00SEER/9.25HSPF 73db RPPL-030JAZ 14.40SEER/10.10HSPF 73db
RHEEM 2 1/5 ton R-410A A/C (with RHLL-HM3617J air handler) RANL-030JAZ 14.00SEER 73db RAPL-030JAZ 15.50SEER 73db

York.
on
Yeah...okay BUT...
How much might one of those help much in drowning out some of the fucking incessant freeway noise that I happen to get here ???

Can't help you there, but I hear that Bubba's Guns and Ammo has ear plugs on sale.

information
find...
fucking
on
Somewhere around here I have a sound pressure meter I had bought many years ago--pretty sure still it's complete and that the chicken shit glue binder that I had Boeing Cal-Cert put around the pot is still intact....maybe take some readings..
Nevermind though..we are getting into sound pressure and dissapation as it relates to distance from the initial source.
I've actually quite a bit in this, amatuer musician and all--but a general rule of thumb is one of root quare distance, bbc did the studys inna fucking cornfield in the 40's IIRC.
Perhaps quite an advantage for certain hvac folks that were able to isolate outside units inna say maybe a concrete structure that only allows sound to travel upwards.

Seems to me that as long as the appropriate clearance distances are maintained for proper air flow and access around the condenser, thick hedge would go a long way towards absorbing sound instead of reflecting it.
Noon-Air wrote:

You won't hedge on that after you absorb all the noise this is sure to emit?

I haven't had *that* particular problem since I quit eatin at Taco Bell
Steve N wrote:

Make certain you emphasize to your vendors that low noise is an important feature to you and the ductwork and infrastructure you have/putting in place will support this.
How about solid state "No noise at all" Tony