A problem with NEST thermostats?

Have any of you ran into anything like this?
http://afspecialsauce.kinja.com/are-nest-thermostats-killing-air-conditioners-1574174163
Mikek
On 5/12/2014 9:35 PM, amdx wrote:

I thought I'd answer my own post. Nah. But it seems a lot of people did. Mikek
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 2:53:28 PM UTC-4, amdx wrote:

Given the load is ac I wonder why they didn't use triacs. They are common with much higher loads and voltages. Given the nest price it doesn't seem like it would be a cost factor.

Seems like a new problem and a recall for NEST.